Star Wars: Episode IX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Star Wars: Episode IX

The big Comic Con panel for “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” takes place tomorrow night in Hall H, but Heroic Hollywood have gone early with what could be the biggest announcement of the panel. The site reports that “Jurassic World” helmer Colin Trevorrow will be on stage tomorrow where he will be announced as the […]

Apparently its expected that at Comic Con tonight Disneys big announcement will be that Jurassic World director Colin Trevorrow has officially signed on to direct Episode IX

The “Star Wars” segment of this year’s presentation at the D23 Expo in Anaheim began with a big announcement – that “Jurassic World” helmer Colin Trevorrow is set to direct “Star Wars: Episode IX”. In an official press release, Lucasfilm President Kathleen Kennedy says: “Colin is someone I’ve been interested in working with ever since […]

Disney has announced that Jurassic World director Colin Trevorrow has officially signed on to direct Episode IX

Comment

Lawrence Kasdan, the “Star Wars” writer and ‘Force Awakens’ co-scribe, has revealed that the creative team behind the new trilogy of “Star Wars” films that began with the current box-office champ are not quite sure where the new films are headed. Speaking with The L.A. Times back in October, in an interview that was only […]

The cowriter of the franchise up to now says that the ultimate ending for the current trilogy is undecided.

Given Disneys greenlight fever of SW films, seems limiting this to another central trilogy is a bit pointless at this point. We know there'll be more.

Comment

I hope they complete this arc, then set another trilogy further in the future. Plenty of room for anthology movies in between then.

Comment

Yep, I hope so too. You know what this means though - at some point there will be a new Star Wars film coming out and we'll die before it's out. Happy Christmas!

Edit: I haven't seen Jurassic World and had little interest in it but it makes me nervous just how CG the trailers looked. I don't want that in Star Wars and one strength of the recent one is that, yes it used CG but it used it sparingly and mixed it with practical effects and sets.
          Last edited by Dogg Thang; 25-12-2015, 07:59.

Comment

I'll be fine as long as these jitters don't lead us down the road to another X-Men 3.

JJ Abrams, if you're reading, please follow this simple rule - "keep the band together".

Comment

His indie debut feature “Safety Not Guaranteed” was well received which led to filmmaker Colin Trevorrow making the quick jump to blockbusters with “Jurassic World”. Box-office wise the film has been nothing but a stellar success around the world – breaking records everywhere until “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” came along. Critical reaction on the […]

Trevorrow brushes off some recent fan concerns about his hiring and says he's working with Rian, Ep8's director, to make sure there's consistency between the entries

Comment

And yet is Rian Johnson any more qualified? I hope The Force Awakens team will be heavily involved. Do we know if JJ will be consulting or producing? I haven't seen Jurassic World so I have no idea how it held up as a movie.

Comment

I think JJ will be producing this as well as Ep VIII and Johnson will be producing Ep IX alongside Abrams and Trevorrow. Then again it might be that Abrams will pass on the baton to Johnson and so on.

Whatever the case, Lucasfilm might've made a calculated decision. I didn't like Jurassic World, though, while it had it moments.

Comment

I do enjoy JW, other than retreading like TFA does its main stumbling block are probably the over reliance on CG and some stumbles with plotting. With Ep9 the script should be fine as it's mostly the same people involved throughout the trilogy on that front. It'll be down to Disney I guess as to how much they enforce practical elements.

Main thing was JW felt true to the franchise which was a key aspect of Ep7. Not too concerned with the choice

Comment

Well being true to the franchise is a huge plus for him. But yeah, I was concerned about his CG use from the JW trailers, as I mentioned above. Very obvious CG and seemingly too much of it.

Comment

More practical effects is something I'm hoping JP5 has. Universal likely played it safe given the state the franchise was in before World hit. Hopefully the momentum of TFA and Mad Max as well as the criticism FF7 recieved for reverting back to CG more will lead to something closer to Park.

For Ep9, another saving grace is they'll likely be able to save money on practical sets and pieces as they can reuse so much between productions. Probably the same six X Wings used across all six planned films

Comment

Yes, even outside of Star Wars I am hoping that all the good press practical effects got in 2015 will have a knock-on effect.

Comment

Working...
                          X