No announcement yet.

Wreck-It-Ralph 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when i saw the trailer for this is brought back terrible haunting memories of the emoji movie, which was packed with so much product placement it felt like an animated advert for everything you can do with a smartphone these days. Lets have a heartwarming flashback via instagram. We can then get in some licensed music to push soundtrack sales by having a Dance off in the just dance app. How about we up the excitement with a white knuckle river rapid chase thought the streams of spotify. just when you think it cant get any more brazen with their corporate sponsorship they have the main protagonists save the day by flying in on a giant ****ing twitter bird.

To me they really should of kept that 80s videogame vibe and pushed the retro nostalga that made the first film work so well, it was that conflict between the old and the new that worked, they could of done so much with this franchise too,

Idea one some Billy Mitchell style player cheating his way to hight scores with an underdog player aiming for the top spot Ralph wrecks his chances in some way and they have to go on a journey to help the rightful player regain his crown as king of Wreck it Ralph.

Idea two Threat of the arcade shut down due to lack of bushiness and a story line about loss and recovery. hell they could of even started the film of with the death of the arcade owner, and the threat of the very valuable retro machines going to an evil museum collector who only wants the retro stuff and sees the newer machines as junk and is going to split up ralph and Vanellope, like a hybrid riff on the toy story 2 story-line. Ralph and Vanellope witness, the evil collector (who dosent play arcade games) steal or destroy the owners will or title deed and its up to them to make sure the arcade passes over to the owners son who wants to carry on his fathers Legacy.
    Last edited by Lebowski; 31-05-2018, 11:34.

Comment

I know WIR1 used real life properties but this one will age like Rob Williams in Jack if it has a strong focus on all the brands the trailer showed. It's a shame the one real gaming related success story has so quickly lost focus on that aspect as well

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
        I thought the bunny sequence was funny!
        Real echoes of Mr Creosote right there.

I love the first one, this doesn't seem as bad as you all make out. I'll it the benefit of the doubt.

Comment

New trailer is out. This doesn’t look like it’s for me. But it gives little indication of what it’s actually about.

Comment

This will be an example of what happens when suits get hold of a property that they don't understand and don't know why it was a hit. Utterly ruined.

Comment

I didn't mind the trailer, like the first trailer the main humour scenes seem to land fine enough. It's more a shame that it's already abandoned its gaming focus

Comment

the princess bit is ace made, me laugh out loud so yeah maybe there is still some good writing and humor in here under all the corporate sponsorship.

Comment

I've gone off the boil on this having seen all the corporate sponsorship.
                  The first film worked because they were established characters from games or invented for the film and it didn't hinder the plot if you didn't recognise Tapper and Qbert.

Anything with modern branding always looks awkward. "Hey! Check out my MySpace!"

Comment

Aye the glass slipper bit was hilarious

Comment

Working...
                    X