Wreck-It-Ralph 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wreck-It-Ralph 2

This year's guest of honour at the Galway Film Fleadh is none other than John C. Reilly, the veteran character actor who's turned up in such films as Dewey Cox:...

It seems that John C Reilly has confirmed that a sequel to Wreck it Ralph is on the way and he's signed on. There's some unconfirmed bit about Disney trying to license characters from Nintendo but that would be expected after the first.

I loves me some Wreck

It missed for me

I mean it's a great film, replay with the kids is brilliant but still feel it could have been better so hopefully they can learn from the 1st one and do some proper fan service

Comment

I think too much fan service would've been distracting. I was worried when I saw they wanted Mario and Luigi as they would steal the limelight.

Plenty of references that gave it authenticity without being in your face.

I love it, seen it loads as my son likes it too and can't wait for a sequel, but I hope they address that supercilious a-hole Gene, who managed to be judgemental and sanctimonious without any repercussions for the way he treated Ralph.

He proper mugs me off.

Comment

Maybe he should be thrown of the building lol

Yes there is fan service but it's too deep that only a person of a certain vintage would get like Aeris lives for example

Q-Bert for me was a bizarre choice when dealing with the machine being switched off but like I said it's good (especially the kill screen) but I was hoping for way more stuff in the first one

But I have lost count of the amount of times I've watched it and welcome a sequel, maybe it was one of these movies where I just expected more, whereas movies like frozen I didn't expect much and was way better than expected

Comment

It's one of the ones that feels like it was closest to older Disney for me or what Pixar can often nail. Tangled and Frozen get all the praise because they're the usual Disney princess appeal titles, but whilst they are good W-I-R and Big Hero 6 (the more overlooked boy centric entries) have much more heart to them. Ralph suffered somewhat as it spends too much time in Sugarland rather than playing to the concept but I love the ending. They'd come so far with Hero 6 that I hope Ralph 2 really delivers the promise

Comment

Aye you are right about BH6, fantastic film

Reading about it afterwards if fox didn't have the rights to silver samurai it could have been a completely different movie

Big hero 6 is my favourite modern Disney movie and probably UP my favourite Pixar movie (my daughter got her name from this movie) but taking the children to see inside out in a week or two so looking forward to that and more so the pixar short if there is one

**edit**
            Looks like there is one called lava, just hope it's on a par with feast
            Last edited by buster_broon; 13-07-2015, 22:24.

Comment

I was quite emotional at the end when

Ralph is plummeting to his to his death, willing to sacrifice himself to save Venelope, clutching his cookie medal and reciting the bad guys' mantra.

Comment

"When I hit rock bottom I was crashing man's skull like sparrow egg between thighs"

WIR is a fave of mine, BH6 couldn't quite get the same emotional response. Obviously that bit in UP where

the doctor is silently telling them they can't have kids

will always get the tears flowing.
                Frozen is really overrated as well, but still entertaining.

A second WIR is possibly a good thing, provided it's a Toy Story 2/3 case and not Cars 2 [which is one of the few Pixar movies I don't own].

I will end with the Bad Guy Affirmation: "I'm a bad guy, but that doesn't mean I'm a bad guy. There's no-one I'd rather be than me"

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                  Ralph suffered somewhat as it spends too much time in Sugarland rather than playing to the concept
                  Yep. I didn't really like the movie. It should have been called "Sugarland Racer". I wanted a movie about games not a typical CG be good to everyone story that you can basically predict the next scene time and time again. I mean, it started off well then dropped fast once the sugarland came in to it.

Comment

I'm interested to see what the core message of the next film is.

Personally, I believe a great deal of the original's success can be attributed to how it carries its core message very well, namely "you can be who you choose to be - and don't have to follow who or what made you". It was a superb message, far better than the typical kids movie "you're special, realise your destiny" garbage. It's the kind of film we need to see more of.

Admittedly, it's one of the reasons Frozen was liked by so many people too.

Comment

Hopefully this first trailer is just for general kicks as it's a little too brand happy and lacking in a compelling reason for the film to exist, it'll be better when the story is laid out but more gaming references... not more Google etc

Comment

I loved the first but this trailer makes the sequel look terrible. Instead of lots of cool stuff we like, it seems to be about stuff nobody likes. And unlike the first which had old stuff and yet felt pretty fresh (almost...) this has newer stuff and feels outdated. Like, look what’s with this newfangled internet thing.

Comment

I CLAPPED,
                          I KNOW THESE THINGS,
                          VERY COOL.

zero charm, all product placement for crap nobody should care about like ebay, amazon, google.

Comment

I thought the bunny sequence was funny!

Comment

Walt Disney Animation Studios have released new photos from the upcoming “Ralph Breaks the Internet: Wreck-It Ralph 2” including a first-look at the Disney Princesses that appear in cameos or supporting roles in the film and voiced by their original voice actresses. In the new film video game bad guy Ralph (voice of John C. […]

They should really just call it Wreck it Ralph 2, that prefix title isn't just weak it's also a very dated reference. But three new images have released, one shows the Disney Princesses which for me confirms CG remakes would have been preferable to the shoddy live action ones we've been getting:

Comment

Working...
                              X