Best cables?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheers S3M!

The Wii is old enough that it has Cube support so no need to set the cube up. Shame really as the cube the nicest looking console ever made but there you go. I'll report back and post images once it's all up and running.

Comment

Glad to be of help Brad, totally forgot most Wii's have GC support when I was typing that up, shows how little I played my Wii over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by thetrooper View Post
        Nice one!
        He's gone soft.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
          He's gone soft.
          I didn't think of it that way!

Comment

Originally posted by S3M View Post
            For the PAL Gamecube it is composite only I'm afraid as both S-video and component support was removed from all PAL console units, unless you can do RGB Scart some how.
            PAL GCs have component out, through their digital port, at least in the first production runs. After that Nintendo removed the port from I think all regions.

Originally posted by S3M View Post
            Wii should be component it does support composite and it appears there are also S-video leads for Wii but I've never used one with a Wii.
            PAL Wiis have component, RGB, and composite. US Wiis component, S-Video, and composite. I think that Japanese consoles are like PAL units.

Comment

Guess my Wii S-Video cable won't work then :-(

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
                PAL Wiis have component, RGB, and composite. US Wiis component, S-Video, and composite. I think that Japanese consoles are like PAL units.
                The output of the Wii is actually determined by the region of the software you're using, rather than the console itself. So, if you hack your Wii to play games from other regions, you could play a US game via s-video.

Comment

Don't think this wii is hacked yet. Tonight's job then

Comment

Japanese consoles are like US consoles.

Comment

S video cable arrived. Set wii to ntsc video output and all working nicely. Picture quality is not as.good as.the dreamcast or psone but better than composite out the wii.

Comment

Why not using components?

Comment

It didn't work with component. Probably because projector is a bit odd.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                            It didn't work with component. Probably because projector is a bit odd.
                            Are you sure the colours were matched up on the the pins? I have wired it up in poor lighting before, myself

Comment

Aha! Turns out that what I thought was a 2 way switch between digital and.analog rgb input had a third middle position! Lovely progressive component and the projector is nee enough that I can even set wide-screen! Just had a quick blast of Mario strikers. Fab.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                                I'm only getting red.and.Green from the vga. Not the official cable. Need.to try into another vga monitor to see where the fault lies
                                I had that problem too. The fault was with my console port.

Comment

Working...
                                X