Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

joke missed......

Comment

Ugh, this reminds of the laptop I took to Japan with me. By 18 months in, the speaker grilles had gone all rusty and mouldy.

Comment

Originally posted by beecee View Post
        joke missed......
        Oh...

lol

Comment

That is incredible! I had some rusty ones from an eBay auction and the seller couldn't understand why I got funny about it as they had described as good condition, when you could clearly see the rust through the vents etc

Hey, can I have the controller ports to cleanup for a project I'm working on ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by mmmonkey View Post
            That is incredible! I had some rusty ones from an eBay auction and the seller couldn't understand why I got funny about it as they had described as good condition, when you could clearly see the rust through the vents etc

Hey, can I have the controller ports to cleanup for a project I'm working on ;-)
            I just put them in the wheelie bin, the contacts are oxidised too. If you still want them shoot me a PM and I'll dig them out.

Comment

Seems as if the rust got to the PlayStation too! Was able to salvage the laser, after cleaning up the contacts and the power supply wasn't affected by the rusting at all. So now I have the case and shielding from a SCPH-5500, the motherboard from a SCPH-5501 (with Mayumi V4 chip installed) and the laser and power supply from a SCPH-5502 - making a darn nice PlayStation in the process.

Comment

Working...
              X