Retro Consoles that wont boot anymore?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Retro Consoles that wont boot anymore?

I have a Lynx, a PAL Saturn & PAL Playstation that wont. Do I bin them or is there a market out there for parts/spares?

Binning them seems like an unfortunate waste. I'd take them off your hands if you don't mind posting them?

As for a market for spares, not that I can see. People aren't as cantankerous as they should be.

Comment

Saturn spares, absolutely a market. Play station, not really.

Comment

PAL Saturns can come in handy for power conversions, my first grey JP saturn had a PAL powerboard installed which was really handy since I didn't have a stepdown then.

Comment

With the right amount of TLC I wouldn't be surprised if one or more of the consoles could be restored to a working state. Pass them on to speedlolita if anyone can get them up and running again he'll be the guy, worst case scenario as the others have said spare parts for another machine. Binning them is such a waste.

Comment

Speedlolita. Would you try and repair my saturn and you can keep the ps1 for spares? Just remembered it boots, plays the intros but not the games?

Comment

That's entirely possible yes.

Comment

If Speedlolita can coax my Saturn into action then he will deserve my PS1 and Lynx? Happy to paypal over the return postage if he can.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                  That's entirely possible yes.
                  If that's a definite yes then PM me your address mate. I have the Lynx, PS1 & Saturn sat here

Comment

Thought I'd post these gore shots in the thread. This poor Saturn...

There might be a few parts I can salvage but I'd be practically replacing every part if I wanted to get this operational. No telling what that oxidation could have done to the internal workings of some of the chips too.

Comment

Thanks for trying mate

Comment

How come you've taken it apart on your driveway?

Comment

Because it was so viciously rusty that it was flaking off into the console and then the carriage box. Didn't want that crud all over my carpets!

Comment

First time I've seen a Saturn with two drives.

Comment

It doesn't have two drives!

Comment

Working...
                              X