Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

With “Jurassic World” now the third highest grossing film of all time worldwide, it comes as no surprise that Universal is moving fast on a sequel. The studio has set a June 22nd 2018 release date for the follow-up, and have confirmed that both Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard will return for the next […]

It's official. Universal have set the release date of 22 June 2018 for the fifth Jurassic Park film.

They've also confirmed Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard will return with Frank Marshall and Speilberg. Colin Treverrow won't be helming but he will be co-writing.
    Last edited by Neon Ignition; 05-02-2018, 08:21.

How... how would the authorities allow them to open another park?

Comment

World used a lot of ideas that were mined from the abandoned Jurassic Park 4 scripts, they left loads on the table when World came together and the sequel hooks don't rule things the rest of the ideas out. If they do mine the old scripts again for JP5 it would likely involve Pratt and Dallas Howard being part of a team sent back into Jurassic World to try and contain the park and retrieve samples. Kind of making the film the Lost World of a new trilogy. The eventual JP6 would then tie much more into the InGen military aspects, some kind of breeding compound in the mainland US which suffers a breakout. All of that was supposed to happen in one film but they separated elements out for World and wrapped it into a soft reboot/sequel.

They're clearly going in the military direction but I hope they keep it along the park lines. It's a stretch to imagine people operating dino parks after Park and World but it's easily the best suited set up. Given mostly just a single raptor and T-Rex is loose by the end of World they could easily spin out a sequel in the same setting

Comment

Just give the raptor some guns in a dirty dozen style movie to go against whatever threat they make for JP5.

Then create some human dino hybrids for JP6

Comment

If they do take the military direction, I'll give the sequels a miss. That whole thing in JWorld about using the raptors instead of military drones was, quite simply, stupid.

Comment

It was, but no more stupid than much of the rest of the film - I had to laugh when

the solution to beating the Megadino at the end was to release the T-Rex. I was thinking 'would that really help matters?!'.

I enjoyed it all the same on the big screen, but it's a deeply flawed film on many levels.

Agree with SF that the park setup is by far the best one.
            Last edited by wakka; 28-07-2015, 13:56.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
              It was, but no more stupid than much of the rest of the film - I had to laugh when the solution to beating the Megadino at the end was to release the T-Rex
              True, but I think once the action is going and the characters are in that "survival mode" I can excuse that stuff. It doesn't affect my suspension of disbelief quite so much.

The military wanting to use the raptors as weapons, on the other hand, just seems weird. We have wolves, lions etc in real life and the military don't use those as weapons.

Comment

Some spoilers might be nice, chums! Not everyone has seen IV yet.

I would have liked IV to have just been a lovely day out at the theme park enjoying some exciting rides.
                Now where do they go with V?!

Comment

Oops sorry QC.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                    It was, but no more stupid than much of the rest of the film - I had to laugh when

the solution to beating the Megadino at the end was to release the T-Rex. I was thinking 'would that really help matters?!'.

I enjoyed it all the same on the big screen, but it's a deeply flawed film on many levels.
                    ha Never thought of it that way.

Imagine

if the t rex just walked off in the direction of the holiday makers.

Like 'ohhhh... I think we've just made the situation infinitely worse...'

Comment

With the success of “Jurassic World” for Universal Pictures this Summer, that another film in the series is on the way is no surprise. In a new interview with Jurassic Cast though, the first film’s director Colin Trevorrow confirmed that ‘World’ is in fact the first of a new trilogy and that specific quotes from […]

Trevorrow talks up his loose plans for the franchise and confirms that Jurassic Park V and Jurassic Park VI will be direct continuations of World to form a contained trilogy which will have Pratt and Howard in both upcoming sequels. At the moment the next film is being referred to as Jurassic World 2

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                        Imagine

if the t rex just walked off in the direction of the holiday makers.

Like 'ohhhh... I think we've just made the situation infinitely worse...'
                        Director's Cut!

Mind you, imagine if she'd just eaten the humans at the end of JP1 instead of fighting the raptors

Comment

A few months back filmmaker Juan Antonio Bayona (“The Orphanage,” “The Impossible”) had his name linked to the “Jurassic World” sequel at Universal Pictures. Colin Trevorrow, who helmed last year’s box-office busting dino film, was committed to helm “Star Wars: Episode IX” and as a result had to drop out of filming the ‘World’ follow-up. […]

The director of The Impossible looks most likely to get the JP5 gig

Comment

Second trailer

Comment

Following in the wake of the “Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom” trailer earlier this week, EW has released a batch of new photos and some more story details about the J.A. Bayona-directed sequel. Dubbed a half-disaster and half-horror film, executive producer Steven Spielberg says the movie’s final act is its real strength: “It has a wonderfully, […]

Pratt once again reiterates that the Isla Nubar action from the next movie only covers the first half with the second half moving into more of a horror area. Trevorrow says that if the first JW movie was an action adventure, this one is a horror-suspense movie whilst the third World entry and sixth Park entry that he will direct will be a science thriller more akin to the tone of the original Jurassic Park entry.

Comment

Working...
                              X