Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Retro gaming to avoid, the worst of the worst.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
    Wonderswan deffo has some big franchises on it, also if you are a Japanese speaker there is rich content in terms fo Square RPGs etc.....if you can actually see them on the appalling Swan Color screen - apparently the Crystal is better, never used one to say.
    That's the problem with retro handhelds, the screens are usually godawful

Comment

That's why you all need to go out and buy a Game Boy Light.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post

*Incidentally, I saw something about the Wonderswan recently that really made me think. I used to think it was a big success in Japan - certainly the journos of those late 90s-early 00s mags gave that impression, that it was this big, amazing thing that was being kept in Japan for secretive reasons. It turns out it wasn't actually that successful (not a failure, just not a big deal), and the reason most people thought it was successful is that Bandai/Capcom/Squaresoft had their hand in a lot of anime production at the time, so their protagonists always seemed to own one - and they portrayed a fiction where it was really successful, hoping it would rub off on people.
        I don't recall being given that impression at all. I always thought that it was a fairly modest success that never reached its full potential, despite expectations being raised by having Yokoi behind it. Which magazines were you reading?

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Ahoy! View Post

Paperboy 64 is a true abomination. I played it in a shop back in the day and couldn't believe how bad it was.

Wow I can't believe an N64 game looks that bad.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
            That's why you all need to go out and buy a Game Boy Light.
            It can't play NGPC games though.....

However I would very much like to get a Light at one point.

On the topic of the Gameboy and awful games, the Worms port was pretty bad.

Comment

Playing NES Remix on the Wii U has highlighted, in my humble opinion, that Ice Climbers was/is a bloody awful game. Shockingly unresponsive controls, especially that of jumping which borders on unplayable.

Comment

Working...
              X