Do you know what I'm loving right now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you know what I'm loving right now?

The N64. Well, actually the Xbox One Rare Collection. Been having such a fantastic time playing the N64 titles. Finished Conkers Bad Fur Day last week, first time I'd ever played it. Over 60% in Jet Force Gemini and loving that. Played Killer Instinct Gold. Suck at it big time but liking it. Loved Blast Corps and will soon start perfect Dark although that's technically a remake with improved graphics.
    Last edited by Yakumo; 17-08-2015, 15:32.

The N64 has few quality titles but the good ones are generally excellent.

Comment

Bloody hell Yakumo, what's happened to you? :P

I love Jet Force, it oozes gameplay and has a brilliant atmosphere, quite tough to finish though. You should like Perfect Dark too I think, it's got a futuristic/cyberpunk style to it with fantasy weapons (look out for the RoboCop gun), and does a ridiculous amount of clever things (for an N64).

Comment

Comment

That's exactly what I thought!

Comment

Just a shame they couldn't get goldeneye on it

I've been playing it and the older stuff isnt great let's be honest even my love for rc pro am has gone

Comment

I played what was worth playing on the N64 when most of your were playing Ridge Racer 5 on freshly imported PS2, I'm sure.

No love for the system now, Mario 64 aside.

Comment

F-zero X is in my top 10 all-time best

1080, star soldier, pilotwings, starfox, mario 64, wave race, excitebike and goldeneye to name but a few, deserve honorable mention

Comment

Excitebike 64 is amazing! I hugely enjoyed that back in the day. The soccer mode with the bikes reminds me of Rocket League today. Haha

Comment

Ah, the Diana picture was there thanks to the crappy phone keyboard typo in the title. Quite puzzled for a moment. I was thinking, why on earth is there a picture of Diana in this thread

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
                      F-zero X is in my top 10 all-time best

1080, star soldier, pilotwings, starfox, mario 64, wave race, excitebike and goldeneye to name but a few, deserve honorable mention
                      F zero X is incredible. The music, the speed, the control.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                        Ah, the Diana picture was there thanks to the crappy phone keyboard typo in the title. Quite puzzled for a moment. I was thinking, why on earth is there a picture of Diana in this thread
                        Spooky fact. I got my PAL N64 the Wednesday that week. With Pilotwings. By the weekend, she was dead!!!

And F Zero X is one of the best games on the machine, easily my fave N64 game. Sublime.

Comment

Working...
                        X