Unstable Image on RGB Scart Saturn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unstable Image on RGB Scart Saturn

As I've already posted in this section about my B&O...I think its causing me too many issues...

Just received my RGB Scart (from retrogamingcables) for my Japan Saturn, colours are lovely, but, the image shakes from side to side/unstable...checked the obvious..plugged in correct et cetera...anyway no joy.
    Checked on another TV (LCD) fine...so I'm guessing its my TV.

To be honest, I'm going to give up on this set, and just make space and hunt down a 21" CRT Trinitron.
    (will still get my famicom RGB modded though)

I guess its the set...as I'm typing..i'm thinking sod it...go find a Trinitron...its a shame as I really have taken to the B&O despite having issues!

Anyone on Coventry got a 21" Trinitron going! (Silver model!)

Haha Game Over B&O *sob sob*

I can only assume it has something to do with the sync used in the cable. Strange that it works on your LCD though...

Comment

Stable image on LG LCD...but shakes side to side on crt...

Comment

i get tiny bit of 'wobble' on my modded PAL unit. Think an NTSC unit has a better RGB output.

I had had a few dud cables from retrogamingcables, so it could be that
        Last edited by dvdx2; 21-08-2015, 14:13.

Comment

Rubbish. NTSC units do have composite sync available on the AV port but otherwise the hardware is indentical.

I wouldn't buy from retrogamingcables myself. Seller is a cowboy.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
            Rubbish. NTSC units do have composite sync available on the AV port but otherwise the hardware is indentical.

I wouldn't buy from retrogamingcables myself. Seller is a cowboy.
            As courteous as always i see......

I was referring to my experiences with a modded PAL unit/framemeister and that from a jap unit outputting csync which eliminated dot crawl/wobble. Obvious not an issue for Darren as hes using an ntsc unit.

Comment

Wouldn't that maybe be down to a sync timer mismatch as you'd be running NTSC software on a PAL system? RGB is still affected by the crystal oscillator inside of the machine, even if it displays full colour in RGB mode.

And sorry for being blunt, as always.

Comment

Working...
              X