• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't sleep until 4am...

Comment

Megadrive EA Hockey days were the best

Comment

Finished PS2 Global Defence Force. Despite the frequent horrible slowdown I enjoyed this; relentless shooting but not entirely dumb particularly weapon choice/mix. Some of the 70+ missions are practically impossible if you don't get that right.

Comment

Got a 2nd MODE for my Dreamcast mainly for the Atomiswave ports, so i've been playing quite bit of Fist of the North Star(with occasional lock ups), Metal Slug 6, Dolphin Blue and Rumble Fish 2 which all run fine.

Comment

Spent all day playing K-1 World Grand Prix on the PS2 after hammering K-1 Fighting Illusion Revenge on the PS1. I used to be a massive K-1 fan and these games let you play as (very blocky) representations of a load of my favourite fighters from the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
              Got a 2nd MODE for my Dreamcast mainly for the Atomiswave ports, so i've been playing quite bit of Fist of the North Star(with occasional lock ups), Metal Slug 6, Dolphin Blue and Rumble Fish 2 which all run fine.
              Fist of the North Star is an absolute masterpiece. It looks so beautiful and plays so well.

Comment

Didn't realise atomiswave version of FotNS has the full english translation on, sorted that out now and have the title screen say FotNS instead of HnK, and win quotes and the like in english.
                Last edited by Tobal; 29-04-2021, 22:09.

Comment

Finished Morrowind at the 52 hour mark. There's much, much more to experience of course but I don't like spending too much time in open world games these days. Too many other games to play!

I really think they nailed a unique and alien aesthetic with this game though. It's extremely memorable and a nice change.

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
                    Finished Morrowind at the 52 hour mark. There's much, much more to experience of course but I don't like spending too much time in open world games these days. Too many other games to play!

I really think they nailed a unique and alien aesthetic with this game though. It's extremely memorable and a nice change.
                    Excellent work. How were you playing - on PC with mods?

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                      Excellent work. How were you playing - on PC with mods?
                      Yeah PC with just a few mods:
                      • MGEXE to improve the overall look, water, weather effects, view distance, increase the font size and such. Also enables full widescreen and high resolutions.
                      • Better Dialogue Fonts to make the UI easier on the eyes. The default fonts are hard to read at 1080p imo.
                      • Morrowind Enhanced Textures which upscales the default textures using machine learning so everything still has a cohesive look. I usually steer clear of texture replacement mods but this one does it right.

I wanted to improve the visuals somewhat without going overboard. The above mods did a good job of it

Comment

Playing through Nights Into Dreams and I just can't get into it. I beat the first six levels and I know I need to get a C grade in three of them per character to start the final stage, and its all about points and such, but its just not fun.

The boss music's pretty good though.

Comment

Vasara 2. Addictive risk reward charge slash attack.

Comment

Beat Nights and came round to it somewhat. I like that your save file works on both the HD mode and Saturn mode. Christmas Nights has a really... Christmassy? vibe that put a smile on my face.

It's currently 83p on sale via Steam if anyone wants it.

Comment

Original Xbox Jade Empire LE.

Shied away from this for years as it smelled too much of traditional Japanese RPG fare but, whilst it is lumbered with a lot of similar ideas and storyline (demons, ghosts, mysterious strangers, corrupt rulers and pantomime bad guys) its actually good fun to play.

Overly wordy at times with the usual mix of good and mediocre voice actors doing their whacky cartoon character types. But last night I was surprised to hear John Cleese's unmistakable voice as an arrogant, shipwrecked English soldier.

I do find myself skipping through dialogue trees, which are sometimes awkwardly translated, just to get to the actual gameplay. It looks pretty good on the Xbox too and although there is a bit of slowdown in misty or smokey areas it is short lived.

The main positive for me is its decent real time combat system. Whilst the camera can annoy at times the uncomplicated leveling up (no real need to grind), character boost and allies system means those elements of the game play particularly well.
                              Last edited by fallenangle; 06-05-2021, 10:48.

Comment

Japanese RPG, awkwardly translated??

It's by Bioware, they're Canadian!

Comment

Working...
                                X