User Tag List

Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 51596061
    I’ve started breaking down Duck Tales on the Famicom.
    I say breaking down, I started looking at trying to do it as quickly as possible as the bounce mechanic allows you to just bound through areas super quick.
    Not looking at anything around WR times but would like to blitz the game as much as possible as I think it as great diversity for this.

Something super compelling about the game, love it.

Quote Originally Posted by _SD_ View Post
    I had a good go on the HuCard incarnation of Air Zonk earlier, because who doesn’t love some good old Japanese whackiness...
    Make sure to play the Japanese version, as the American edition is censored and some things have been changed. It's easily in my Top 10 PCE games - I think the graphics, music, sound effects, and overall design are brilliant. Such a great game that always puts a smile on my face.

Quote Originally Posted by Goemon View Post
    Something super compelling about the game, love it.
    Lots of people say it was their favourite NES game back in the day. Capcom really knew how to make nice looking NES games that play really well.

Oh that’s interesting.
    I never actually played it back in the day. I remember speaking with a kid in school about it and he said it was good but it was too easy, he finished it the weekend he got it.

I do wonder if this was a game that was aimed at younger children, as it’s definitely easier that a lot of other NES games I played.

The bounce mechanic is super cool though. It’s just a little bit tricky and has the diversity to change how you approach things the more versed you get with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Goemon View Post
    Oh thatís interesting.
    I never actually played it back in the day. I remember speaking with a kid in school about it and he said it was good but it was too easy, he finished it the weekend he got it.
    I've noticed that a lot of American YouTubers say they loved the game back in the day. I guess that's why Capcom remastered the game back in 2013.

A NES platformer being easy to play through is certainly unusual.

Man, finally got a time I was relatively happy with Duck Tales and the time didn’t update on the score board >:/
    Got a 9:50 which probably put me in the top 100.

Still miles off world record pace which is like 7:20 or something but happy I got through in a single life under 10 mins

I don’t think I have the patience for speed running although I do enjoy it. Like 10 times of failing the Moon skip and I’m ready to throw the controller off the wall!

Looks like it takes the score board a minute or 2 to update, which is why my time wasn’t there.
    I say I was relatively happy with my 9:50 time but I have since blown it out of the water with a 9:08!
    Puts me 78th on the leaderboard.

Now I’m thinking there’s scope for more! ><

I think I could get it under 9:00 if I got things right as my current run has a number of mistakes and it has a safety strat where I go out of my way for about 10s to get a an extra health point.

Running without the safety strat though is leading to a lot more deaths as my play relies on that extra hit

Guru Logic Champ. Can't seem to get it to save on my supercard so playing the original cart