Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cepp.....I just got to

stage 7!

and lost most of my lifes figuring out a few things. Then I thought twice I had it beat and there is still more! What a game

Comment

I'm 100% sure this time I got it beat next go! we shall see. Time to do some job searching now *sigh* hehe

Comment

Bugger. I only used two continues as well...

I think you'll have it on your next go mate; not sure about whatever comes next mind

Comment

I will start it on Hard Mode mate....Was just doing a bit of job searching...I'm ready to go! I'll update soon :-)

Comment

Cepp, what Trinny is that mate, it looks lovely...

anyway, update, I did play it literally after I said I would, on hard, and I didn't complete it...I got to what surely is the final boss, and its genius and this game shows many of them moments.

Hard Mode, the bosses take more damage, apart from that, I couldn't tell any changes apart from the obv lives stock and less continues.

I'm quite sure I got to that boss without continuing, but, it wasn't to be. Hard mode threw me slightly as I died a live a stage 2 boss, which came as a shock as I don't usually...

Next go...I delayed replying as I was hoping to get another game in, but I helped my brother with tidying his garden and I've been drinking since.

Comment

It's the KV-29X1U. It's bloody heavy but it's done me proud so far

Haven't gone back to it myself today, had a much needed spring clean and felt too knackered to give it another go afterwards.

Comment

Thanks Cepp and reply to PM too :-) until a broadcast monitor happens, I am really preferring the black casing on the Trinitrons now..obv image quality is a given :-) And Geometry (no serious lol)

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post

Bugger. I only used two continues as well...

I think you'll have it on your next go mate; not sure about whatever comes next mind
                  You miss out on the last section of the game on easy, there's a chase section at the end as the computer core burns up on re-entry to the planet.

Comment

I've been playing a few Saturn games this week:

Powerslave/Exhumed - As a fan of old school 90s FPS titles I had been keen to give this one a try, particularly after the praise I've seen it receive on here from Dogg Thang, Team Andromeda and others. It's a lot of fun - fast, smooth gameplay and great level design. Completing a level and realising how it all links together is very satisfying.

That said, it does suffer from the classic 90s FPS issue of keycard fatigue after a while, so I find it a bit tiring to play more than a couple of levels at a time.

Definitely a game worth playing if you like this type of thing though - I recently replayed Duke 3D on Vita after receiving it on PS+, and I think this compares very favourably with it. It's not as bombastic so far in terms of the items you receive and the locations you explore, but the level design is often more satisfyingly logical than obscure.

Last Bronx - I'm rubbish at fighting games, but this has to have the easiest arcade mode of any fighter I've ever played! I mostly grabbed this one to play 2P with a mate when we have retro evenings in at mine, but thought I'd give arcade mode a burst last night to test it out. I whipped through it undefeated! Seems pretty fun, I like the super fast paced nature of it. Time will tell if it'll be a keeper in 2P (neither my mate nor I are fighter aficionadoes, but we do enjoy them!).

Virtual On - I've been intrigued by this series for years, but never played one. I know that this received an upgraded rereleaseon PS2, but figured since I just got my Saturn, I might as well try the very first release. I like it - it's pretty confusing at first, and I've had to use the manual to help me out with how to actually play it, but I love the style of the game in terms of visuals and audio. I made my way through a few stages of Arcade and I think I'm starting to get the hang of it.

Again, looking forward to trying this one in 2P.

Layer Section - Really liking this, the graphics are brilliant, particularly the backgrounds! I like the mechanism of locking on the laser while firing the guns, and I like the fact that it kind of eases you in to complete and utter madness, rather than lobbing a billion bullets at you on screen 1 like the Cave titles I'm more familar with (I also really like those games though). Will certainly be playing much more of this.

I've also been playing Sega Rally, shaving milliseconds off my time in Championship 1 lap mode, and I've got Athlete Kings and Elevator Action Returns lined up for this Friday when my mate comes round for a retro sesh.

Comment

I read that as you were a fan of 90fps titles lol

Comment

Originally posted by S3M View Post
                        You miss out on the last section of the game on easy, there's a chase section at the end as the computer core burns up on re-entry to the planet.
                        Soon to be corrected

Comment

I've put a fair amount of time into Metal Slug 2 of late. It's the PSP Metal Slug Complete version, played on PS Vita TV. Amazing title. Better than X IMO.
                          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                            I've put a fair amount of time into Metal Slug 2 of late. It's the PSP Metal Slug Complete version, played on PS Vita TV. Amazing title. Better than X IMO.
                            The incredibly bone-headed decision to omit Classic Controller compatibility makes the Wii version of Metal Slug Anthology completely unplayable.

What a feck-up.

Comment

Fortunately, I can use a DS4. It lends itself perfectly to Metal Slug. Being that I have the Japanese version, I am almost 1:1 with MVS, barring scanlines and 4:3.
                              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Rocket Knight Adventures Hard Mode - Completed!
                                Nice little completion screen where the princess is returned and then Sparkster flies off and you can start 'Very hard Mode'

Really enjoyed it :-)

Last edited by ShadowDancer; 16-09-2015, 00:12.

Comment

Working...
                                X