(Retro) What have you been playing this week? Vol.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
    Fortunately, I can use a DS4. It lends itself perfectly to Metal Slug. Being that I have the Japanese version, I am almost 1:1 with MVS, barring scanlines and 4:3.
    It's a sad day in the retro forum when you're listing these compromises as acceptable Daryl.

It's the slowdown that kills MS2 for me. For me my order of preference sticks at -

MS1
    MSX
    MS3
    MS2

Not really counting any of the others after that, they're like the Star Wars prequels.

Speaking of compromises, I was playing Harmful Park on the JXD last night again, god I love that game. Just wish I could get hold of a physical copy but it seems to very rarely appear these days.
    Last edited by Colin; 16-09-2015, 09:21.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
      It's a sad day in the retro forum when you're listing these compromises as acceptable Daryl.

It's the slowdown that kills MS2 for me. For me my order of preference sticks at -

MS1
      MSX
      MS3
      MS2

Not really counting any of the others after that, they're like the Star Wars prequels.

Speaking of compromises, I was playing Harmful Park on the JXD last night again, god I love that game. Just wish I could get hold of a physical copy but it seems to very rarely appear these days.
      I'm actually in the market for a new MVS setup funnily enough Colin. I suppose I could invest in one of those Neo•Geo X sticks to enhance the experience until then.

MS2
      MSX
      MS3
      MS1

I've never been the biggest fan of the original Metal Slug. I'm quite partial to 6 though.

Harmful Park is available on the Japanese PSN. A PS3, PSP or Vita can run it.
      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Or get a PS2 NeoGeo stick and use a converter to USB. That's what I do.

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
          Harmful Park is available on the Japanese PSN. A PS3, PSP or Vita can run it.
          Oh it's not that it isn't well emulated, I'd just rather play it on original hardware and crt since I have that option.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
            The incredibly bone-headed decision to omit Classic Controller compatibility makes the Wii version of Metal Slug Anthology completely unplayable.

What a feck-up.
            The Japanese version has classic controller support. Think it is called Metal Slug Complete.

Comment

I feel like I could be an arse Colin and taunt you with a picture of my retail copy, but not going to and no it's not for sale I'm afraid.

Lots of the recent port of Metal Slug have some dodgy emulation, the PSP and PS2 collection in Europe were terrible. Even the PS3 version on the NEOGEO station has some issues. I often end up just playing the Saturn's version as it's the closest to the original hardware I find, not owning a NEOGEO myself.
              Last edited by S3M; 16-09-2015, 14:28.

Comment

Fair play. In return I won't taunt you with photos of my AES and Metal Slug.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                  The incredibly bone-headed decision to omit Classic Controller compatibility makes the Wii version of Metal Slug Anthology completely unplayable.

What a feck-up.
                  I have this but it's never been in my Wii. What control options are there? GC controller? Arcade stick?

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowDancer View Post
                    Rocket Knight Adventures Hard Mode - Completed!
                    Nice little completion screen where the princess is returned and then Sparkster flies off and you can start 'Very hard Mode'

Really enjoyed it :-)
                    I gave it a shot last night but completely bottled it on the first Stage 7 boss for some reason. I didn't struggle with him last time so not sure what happened there. I should have him beat next time anyway.

Comment

Fair play. In return I won't taunt you with photos of my AES and Metal Slug.
                      Touch? good sir.

Comment

Originally posted by acidbearboy View Post
                        I have this but it's never been in my Wii. What control options are there? GC controller? Arcade stick?
                        IIRC you can either use the remote on its side, but you have to shake it to throw grenades. Or you can hold it vertically and use it like a joystick. Something silly like that anyway.

Comment

Rocket Knight Adventure is done. Not sure why I was struggling with the first Stage 7 boss yesterday as I beat him first time tonight. The pod escape level was a bit weak, it's not exactly something I'd keep for a harder difficulty setting but I've seen the true ending now so I'm happy enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
                            Rocket Knight Adventure is done. Not sure why I was struggling with the first Stage 7 boss yesterday as I beat him first time tonight. The pod escape level was a bit weak, it's not exactly something I'd keep for a harder difficulty setting but I've seen the true ending now so I'm happy enough.
                            What we going for next buddy

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowDancer View Post
                              What we going for next buddy
                              Haha, I was thinking Rolling Thunder 2

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
                                Haha, I was thinking Rolling Thunder 2
                                Lets go for it then! I have it in my collection and have never completed it...I played it a while back but got side-tracked...

I'll fire it up tomorrow and post any updates :-)

Comment

Working...
                                X