• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vasara 2
    Super Contra III

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
      Been playing this on the pi, and it’s great!

https://www.arcade-museum.com/game_d...?game_id=10984
      I've had this PCB for 3 years and forgot I had it!

If you like this game, please try Violent Storm - very funny game

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki Matar View Post
        I've had this PCB for 3 years and forgot I had it!

If you like this game, please try Violent Storm - very funny game
        yeah, love violent storm too! Some of the early konami stuff is exceptional

Comment

It’s a mercs rip off, but a great one at that!

http://www.longplays.orgPlayed by: SCHLAUCHI -Disclaimer: Most videos by World of Longplays use SaveStates!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
            "What you playing there, bud?"
            "Gaia Crusaders."
            "Gayer Crusaders? Who are they more gay than?!"
            Reminds me of this:

What you got there? Is that a Game Boy?

Nah, it’s a gay-mate.

Comment

Got the Super Grafx all hooked up so I started the evening with a much needed go on Winds of Thunder. Absolutely fantastic shooter, one of my all time favourites. Next up I tried Ginga Fukei Densetsu Sapphire for the first time and I’m really impressed... cracking shooter and the visuals are really quite something to behold. And then I finished off with Dracula X... or more accurately it finished me off for the night.

Had a really good session on the shmups though... really very pleased with the SuperSDS3 overall and the Super Grafx is awesome

Comment

Finished Xbox Brothers In Arms RTH30.

OK-ish bearing in mind all the caveats previously described and other new ones. There were some very obvious trigger points/events for enemies spawning which reminded me very much of one of the major issues I had with the, AFAIK, totally unrelated original Sniper Elite.

One real additional annoyance I had was when directing tanks as squad members they simply would not fire or delayed firing their main armament when that would have resolved a choke point in one second. This is another very 'gamey' device to force the gameplay down a particular, extended route. There is just too much stuff like that in this game.

It is not very long either, I completed it in four sessions (normal difficulty) so I've decided to go straight onto its sequel Earned In Blood.
                Last edited by fallenangle; 24-05-2018, 11:26.

Comment

I’m still loving the PC Engine... Gate of Thunder is another one of my all time favourite shooters, I know I can clear this, just need to get back into the swing. Tried Batman for the first time and it’s quite an enjoyable maze collect ‘em up. Got my ninja action on with a bit of Kaze Kiri, fantastic game. And I finished off this evening with a few credits on Soldier Blade.

Comment

Grabbed Turok in the GOG sale and wasn't expecting much tbh, I just have vague memories of thinking the N64 game as alright but making my way through the first level I'm actually quite impressed. it's fast, has no crosshair, nice vertical level design and pretty decent platforming implementation. That N64 fog is still there but it looks nice overall.

Comment

Not been doing much gaming this last week, been reading manga and building Gunpla instead...

I have had a few bouts on Garou though and I’m still cracking away at Gate of Thunder. I did have a good session on Demon Front earlier on.

Comment

Got off my bottom and finally softmodded my original xbox, stuck in a bigger HDD, got HDMI cable, turned on all video options(480p,720p and 1080i) taken out of the PAL ver. All in aid of playing Outrun2 c2c which was way to expensive to buy a original PAL copy, looks good(supports 480i only sadly), plays good , really like the forgiving clashes with the traffic (i assume to allow you to go for more slipstreaming) compared to the Outrun2, reminds me of going from wipeout to wipeout 2097.

Comment

I played Turok on PC for 5 minutes today. I still feel like throwing up 4 hours later I haven't felt motion sickness like this in a long time.

Comment

Been playing a ton of this -

Metamorphic Force (Arcade) All Bosses (No Damage). "Metamorphic Force" is an arcade game released by Konami in August 1993. Boss list:00:30 Boss 01 Baphomet ...

Brilliant!

Comment

After Burner Complete on 32x

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki Matar View Post
                                I played Turok on PC for 5 minutes today. I still feel like throwing up 4 hours later I haven't felt motion sickness like this in a long time.
                                The way Turok and the enemies move in this game is something else isn't it I do love zooming around the map though, it really helps with the key hunting aspect of it all. There's some nice music here as well, especially underwater.

Comment

Working...
                                X