No announcement yet.

(Retro) What have you been playing this week? Vol.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When did I become so crap at games, tried ghostbusters on mega drive and got my ass handed to me. I used to be able to complete this one, not giving up I guess I need to relearn the boss patterns.

Comment

Any Runabout fans? Just started going though the first one again and it’s a right giggle. Love Kan Naitos work

Comment

Done up to stage 4 on Luigi’s Mansion and played looooots of Panzer Bandit, Chipokke Ralph no Daibouken and Gunner’s Heaven on my PS3

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
          Can the Pi run anything for the OG Playstation?
          RR4 runs like crap on my Pi. 2D games run perfectly though. I don't know how to put more games on the card though. How do I access the contents of the card on my PC and put more games onto it?

I guess all the years of people optimising emulators has enabled the Pi to do great things. I'd say it can run most retro stuff up to the Dreamcast really well, except for the N64, simply because N64 emulation has always been rubbish.

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
          Any Runabout fans? Just started going though the first one again and it’s a right giggle. Love Kan Naitos work
          I remember really enjoying the PS1 version back in the day. I think I was a bit disappointed with the Dreamcast version.

Originally posted by Nico87 View Post
          Do and Gunner’s Heaven on my PS3
          One of my favourite PS1 games.

Comment

I played 'Riot Zone' on the PC Engine CD. I soon remembered whata a terrible scrolling beat 'em up it is. It has a windowed display, the animation is really bad, the action is mind-numbingly dull, and it all goes together to create a really poor game. Maybe Rival Turf on the SNES is better, but I won't go back to it and find out.
            Last edited by Leon Retro; 16-08-2018, 01:13.

Comment

I have Ridge Racer (original) pretty much running perfectly Leon, so 3D can be done to some extent. There are a couple of ways to add games, you can directly add in to your SD card folders using extfs which has been a brilliant recommendation from [MENTION=4553]Escape-To-88[/MENTION] or use this guide. https://retropie.org.uk/docs/First-Installation/

Comment

I have Ridge Racer (original) pretty much running perfectly Leon, so 3D can be done to some extent.
                I like the original RR the most, so I'll try to add it to my card and get it up and running. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Started playing Jigoku Meguri on the PC Engine, known as Bonze Adventure in the West
                  It’s a very deceptive game.
                  I got to the end of the first level on my first life and thought “wow this is a doddle!” However repeat plays have made me realise it’s actually very devious and has numerous setups for insta-death.

The one hit death is a little off putting as it’s a case of know what will happen or die but that’s classic arcade I guess and I feel like I’m in the rhythm of it now.
                  It’s definitely got that good balance of learning vs progression. When I first got to stage 3, I was like “forget this!” Now though I feel like have the stage down. Furthest I’ve been is the end of stage 5

Comment

Beat Diablo with the Sorcerer. Bit anti-climactic since I just spammed my Guardian spell and ran away. I had one crash with the Beelzebub mod but apart from that it ran perfectly.

I'm done for now but the next time I play it's going to be with one of the unlocked classes.

Comment

Just had a full run through of Alien Vs Predator (Arcade), another top scrolling fighter. Wife is in Belfast until tomorrow night with three of her Canadian friends, I've got nothing to do but sit and play games until I pick them up again. Wonder how many games I can get through in that time? Life is good.

Comment

Wonder how many games I can get through in that time? Life is good.

Comment

Very disappointed to get home from the pub tonight and find no posts in here from [MENTION=4034]Atticus[/MENTION]

Comment

Very disappointed to get home from the pub tonight and find no posts in here from @Atticus
                            So only you're allowed a social life?

Actually I was probably too busy playing Harmful Park and Ridge Racer

I was also having a tinker around the options. Only slight head-scratch is the vert shooters I tried (19XX and Ketsui) are displayed in an aspect ratio that's too wide (this is on a normally orientated tv screen, not tate). I altered the aspect ratio for the emulator in options (chose square or core, can't remember, I was looking for something like 'source' but couldn't see it) and this did the trick with the shmups but changed hori games too. So I changed it back to how it was. Once I figure out how to set the aspect ratio for individual games I'll be sorted It's early days.

Overall I'm loving the RetroPie. Very easy to use and games look fab on a modern tv. Hard to believe something so tiny can do so much and so well.

Thanks again to [MENTION=9865]Colin[/MENTION] for sorting me out with one

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                              Once I figure out how to set the aspect ratio for individual games I'll be sorted
                              When you're playing a game, go into the 'RetroArch' menu and go to 'Video' options and change the aspect ratio to 'Core' for vertical shoot 'em ups. Also set the scanlines to the vertical type, as that looks really nice. There is an option on the first page of RetroArch to save settings for individual games, so make sure to do that, instead of saving them across the core. If you save across the core you will ruin 4:3 aspect games.

Comment

You saved me having to type that out Leon, Thanks.

As long as your DS4 is set up the same as mine Phil, Share and Triangle buttons in game will bring up the retroarch menu.
                                Last edited by Colin; 23-08-2018, 10:05.

Comment

Working...
                                X