(Retro) What have you been playing this week? Vol.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
    Got off my bottom and finally softmodded my original xbox, stuck in a bigger HDD, got HDMI cable, turned on all video options(480p,720p and 1080i) taken out of the PAL ver. All in aid of playing Outrun2 c2c which was way to expensive to buy a original PAL copy, looks good(supports 480i only sadly), plays good ,
    I remember when I first softmodded an Xbox and played OutRun 2006, it looked truly stunning in 480p. The Xbox image looks too soft normally, but progressive makes it much sharper and clearer.

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
      After Burner Complete on 32x
      Van the man

Comment

Pulstar. Really enjoying this. Finding it quite difficult though!

Tried to play Jockey Grand Prix but start button wouldn't start the game. I'm playing off neo SD and have 2 ROM images but neither do anything. Have tried putting neo into arcade and AES mode but no joy.

Comment

I’m currently replaying Castlevania Symphony of the Night. It’s still superb after all these years. It was really made with love.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
            Got off my bottom and finally softmodded my original xbox, stuck in a bigger HDD, got HDMI cable, turned on all video options(480p,720p and 1080i) taken out of the PAL ver. All in aid of playing Outrun2 c2c which was way to expensive to buy a original PAL copy, looks good(supports 480i only sadly), plays good , really like the forgiving clashes with the traffic (i assume to allow you to go for more slipstreaming) compared to the Outrun2, reminds me of going from wipeout to wipeout 2097.
            You did a good thing! Where did you get the hdmi cable and what do you make of the image quality please? Also does the ntsc version of o2 support 480p upwards?

Comment

Originally posted by replicashooter View Post
              You did a good thing! Where did you get the hdmi cable and what do you make of the image quality please? Also does the ntsc version of o2 support 480p upwards?
              I got it off US amazon from makers shop, turned up in 2 weeks for about £28.00

List of games with multiple resolutions

review and comparison
              Last edited by Tobal; 16-06-2018, 14:47.

Comment

Enjoying Rayxanber II on PCE at the moment, struggling to get passed Stage 2 but that OST - no rush

Comment

Been playing Donkey Kong on the switch, so great to finally have the original arcade version instead of the cut down NES one

Comment

Playing Project Zero 2 on Xbox and Clash Of Heroes on DS. I've hit a brick wall with a difficult boss, though

Comment

Been hammering the super fami mini all day seeing as there has been a lot of progress in patching non working games and also fixing graphical & sound bugs. Finally got to enjoy unirally and the firemen, as well as playing the great battle 3 & 4 and most importantly....

UFO kamen yakisoban is finally fixed so i can play it without the sound crackling like hell. As much as i really don't like side scrolling beatem ups this one i have a soft spot for as it's all noodle based, yes it's basic but it's still more fun than any of the other side scrollers on the snes. Its stupidly silly from start to finish, plus there's endless waves of jamie hynemans from mythbusters all over the place to batter. Can't go wrong when all your special attacks are food based like using green powdered seaweed to freeze everything on the screen or using agedama as a smart bomb or my favourite where you hold and charge so your character screams saucy beam as he sprays the enemies with yakisoba sauce.

i have had my enjoyment out if this tiny console a hundred times over by now, screw the virtual console. It was never as much fun as this.
                      Last edited by importaku; 19-06-2018, 12:08.

Comment

I've been playing Super Mario World on the SNES Mini. Still my favourite Mario game. Nintendo really nailed the Mini too. It's a dream come true really, I'm so glad Nintendo threw their hat in the ring with this, and did pretty much what every fan would want. I've got mine set up on a shelf in a built-in wardrobe, like a hidden retro arcade ... so I can open the doors, pull up a stool and enter 16-bit heaven whenever the mood takes. Happy days.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                          I've been playing Super Mario World on the SNES Mini. Still my favourite Mario game. Nintendo really nailed the Mini too. It's a dream come true really, I'm so glad Nintendo threw their hat in the ring with this, and did pretty much what every fan would want. I've got mine set up on a shelf in a built-in wardrobe, like a hidden retro arcade ... so I can open the doors, pull up a stool and enter 16-bit heaven whenever the mood takes. Happy days.
                          As old as it is, that game is timeless. I have lost count how many times over i have played right through that game. The mini has one nice advantage with mario world, on the original when you completed the secret special courses and all the sprites would change, there was no going back. When i had my snes i had 2 save files, both with all the exits unlocked but one where i didnt go through the final star to make all the sprites & colours change. The problem with the original cart was you couldn't made a copy of your save so you had to do it twice. On the mini i can leave one save with everything unlocked then make a save state with the last star activated and all the enemies switched to thier masked weird versions so i can enjoy it both ways.

Love how fast i can get to gaming, just sits there under the tv. No updates no online net reliance just a flick of a switch and your away.

Comment

Beat Turok, I wasn't expecting it to hold up so incredibly well. It's so fast and frenetic and the maps are just fun to run around and explore in. It took me around 10 hours to beat and never outstayed its welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
                              Beat Turok, I wasn't expecting it to hold up so incredibly well. It's so fast and frenetic and the maps are just fun to run around and explore in. It took me around 10 hours to beat and never outstayed its welcome.
                              I've been waiting to play it for so long now, but the PC remaster was too smooth for me (barf).

Might just play my N64 cart with the rubbish frame rate.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki Matar View Post
                                I've been waiting to play it for so long now, but the PC remaster was too smooth for me (barf).

Might just play my N64 cart with the rubbish frame rate.
                                That's a shame, if you can handle the lower frame rate I'm sure the N64 version is still fun though.

Comment

Working...
                                X