Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
    Yeah, the style is really fun and charming. I love the way the music always compliments the action perfectly. All the games in the series are expertly crafted to offer beautiful graphics, great music, and solid gameplay. I also like that you can adjust things for all skill levels.

I'd definitely buy a PS4 compilation if one appeared . Or for the Switch if I owned one.
    I'd love a PS4 compilation, maybe with Konami's recent Castlevania collection they may start thinking about re-releasing some old classics (although Sony probably had more involvement than Konami in that).

Comment

Originally posted by doodledude View Post
      I maybe with Konami's recent Castlevania collection
      The Parodius series is probably too niche. But if one did appear, it would probably be digital-only and on a Japanese store. The PSP compilation was Japan-only. The series was quite a big thing in Japan, which is why we saw three Parodius on the Super Famicom but only one in the West. I don't think it even got an American release.

Comment

Something fun arrived today, doesn't get much more retro than this hehe.

Comment

Got the camera out, glamour shots. Well as best as i could get as the problem is if i focus on any bright part it darkens the image so i couldn't get both lit & unlit areas in focus.

Really nice thing made from wood & diecast metal. As a kid it's one of the few games i remember playing.
          Last edited by importaku; 01-11-2018, 11:31.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
            Something fun arrived today, doesn't get much more retro than this hehe.
            An early coin-op that I enjoy going to -- I really like fast paced really abstract games. It's cool how much detail is put into these mini machines.

Comment

An early coin-op that I enjoy going to -- I really like fast paced really abstract games. It's cool how much detail is put into these mini machines.
              Yeah centipede is still surprisingly fun to play even now. While the full size version has better momentum on the trackball this smaller version is pretty good. Last visit to arcade club had me playing their copy of centipede for quite a while. Still not very good though but I did manage to scrape a high score on the leaderboards.

Comment

A nice find for a tenner but I still need the first and third one.

Comment

Originally posted by Samuray View Post

A nice find for a tenner but I still need the first and third one.
                  I remember the graphics in hi-res mode looked quite impressive back in the day. I think the framerate was quite dodgy though. My memories of it are quite fuzzy after 20 years.

Comment

My memories of it are quite fuzzy after 20 years.
                    Most memories of N64 games are quite fuzzy. Joking aside though, I loved the system but nothing ever looked quite as crisp as Mario 64.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                      Most memories of N64 games are quite fuzzy.

Yeah, the games did look far too fuzzy. Nintendo should have done better with the image quality.

Comment

Temporary placement of my c64. Looks ok on the monitor via composite. It can chuck out s-video but the monitor doesn’t support that. Not sure whether to get the LumaFix64 mod to get rid of the faint vertical lines. Part of me wants it to look as good as possible, the other part says that’s how it always was, leave it.
                        Last edited by Brad; 06-11-2018, 20:34.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                          Part of me wants it to look as good as possible, the other part says that’s how it always was, leave it.
                          I'd definitely pay to have the lines removed. I can't stand really noticeable things like that spoiling the image. If it's a machine you're fond and use quite a bit, then I think you may as well make the most of it.

Comment

Picked up a few Dreamcast spares, you can never have enough Samba Maracas!

Comment

Absolutely love the packaging design for Japanese Dreamcast hardware. That keyboard box is fantastic.

Comment

I was thinking exactly the same thing about the MD pad box.

Comment

Working...
                                X