Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brad View Post
    I just hoped stunt car would as it’s also by Crammond (F1)
    I reckon Stunt Car Racer still plays well. Whenever I go back to it, I always think it still feels fresh. There's something about the really abstract graphics that keeps the game looking nice.

I did hope for a modern sequel though. It's a shame the Xbox update was canned.

Originally posted by Samuray View Post
    Finally.

Maybe some of you noticed my eternal WTB thread regarding this. I eventually found a copy through eBay, in Venezuela of all places.
    I guess it's a rare game? I just know it's a pretty good NES beat 'em up.

Realise this is all a bit boring but now I'm ready to stick some games on the amiga this afternoon and get some photos up.
    I hope you can get lots of enjoyment out of the games. I still enjoy going back to the Amiga and playing games that have a distinct Amiga vibe about them.

Comment

Whoever said Western boxart was crap?

Really excited to play it, but I think Mrs Samanosuke might have plans for Santa to get it me for Chrimbo.

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post

Really excited to play it, but I think Mrs Samanosuke might have plans for Santa to get it me for Chrimbo.
        Ditto!!!!

Although my wife was out so tuff...he had a few other goodies to, that's me sorted for the weekend!

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post

Yeah, looks really good. Makes you want to play the game.

Comment

Ugh. Think keyboard membrane knackered on the A600. Hitting thr minus key instead output \-0987654321` which is the row of keys right next to minus. I took the keyboard apart and cleaned the membrane and so far so good but deffo getting a replacement Cherry keyboard when kipper finishes making them I guess.

Anyway, network card arrived so trying to get online. Much faffing about needed but tomorrow I'll hopefully be able to join the Bordersdown IRC on it.

In other news my 6pin din cable arrived and I got the Commodore 1541 disk drive working. Needed a fair bit of silicon oil on the rails and I almost gave up at one point but now it's working.

Realise this is all a bit boring but now I'm ready to stick some games on the amiga this afternoon and get some photos up.
            I had to fit a new membrane on mine. I know people who got IRC running on their zx81s.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
              Yeah, looks really good. Makes you want to play the game.
              It really does.

It's one of those I would have bought back in the day just for the artwork despite how good or bad the game was.

Comment

[MENTION=3930]Van[/MENTION] ridiculous! I want to run it on this 64. Our irc on bordersdown doesn’t like my Amiga client. The freenode servers are ok though.

Comment

Just all kinds of awesome!

Comment

That really is, Colin. Looks as good if not better than any official Mini Mega Drive ever could. Tempted to get one myself to go with the SNES Mini.

Anyone know which USB controllers are better between the Hyperkin and Retro-Bit offerings?

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                      Just all kinds of awesome!
                      I'd buy the case as an ornament.

Comment

I’ll get the cases switched tomorrow, but it really does look the absolute business. Short of them releasing a PCE one I should never change case again now!

Comment

Glad you like it mate, as i said the Super Famicom one is brilliant, might pick one of these up and another Pi for the living room.

Comment

This came the other day, not had chance to play yet, but the presentation is really nice.

Comment

That's my cases switched over. I'm thinking if these guys make a PCE one I'll just buy another Pi!

Comment

That does look the bees knees. Got any photos of it with a pad or something for scale?

Comment

Working...
                                X