No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not exactly retro, but purchased for consumption during retro sessions.

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post

Not exactly retro, but purchased for consumption during retro sessions.
      I have no idea what all that stuff is -- but I think I'd enjoy stuffing it.

Comment

One I have been after for aaages.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post

Wow!!! Congrats! Still looking for a copy myself!

Meanwhile I got my hands on my Most Wanted on Jaguar, next to "Power Drive Rally" and "Breakout 2000" which I still need:

It was around 55€, for reference.

Comment

Originally posted by Samuray View Post

Meanwhile I got my hands on my Most Wanted on Jaguar, next to "Power Drive Rally" and "Breakout 2000" which I still need:
            I have fond memories of the PS1 game, so it's cool that you have the original Jaguar version.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita

Did you buy that from CEX? There has/ had been a copy of that on the back shelf in a local store for months for silly money (£170)

Your copy looks brand new! Well done! Nice Madoka Magica in the background btw.

Comment

Haha, nooo. This was just over 100 cheaper than that PAL copy in CeX, is in pretty good condition though. Quite pleased.
                Last edited by speedlolita; 02-12-2018, 18:23.

Comment

( The image looks totally mint in person, but my camera can't capture it. )

I finally decided to buy a CRT after seeing one for a reasonable price that's in perfect condition. It's the 21" 'Sony Trinitron KV-21X5U' from 1998. It had been a bedroom TV but the seller said it's hardly been used. The picture quality is totally mint: pure blacks, perfect sharpness, deep vibrant colours etc... But I can't capture how a CRT looks using my camera. I adjusted the geometry to get rid of the little border on the right that Sony TVs have using RGB -- and I used some test patterns to get the image as uniform as possible. The stereo sound is also really clear with a nice amount of bass.

Luckily, I also found a small stand that has black glass shelves with a black metal frame. It perfectly suits the TV and is in mint condition.

So I really got lucky with these two items. I now have a nice little retro corner away from my main entertainment set up. Using a quality CRT again has given me a strong nostalgia buzz. Whenever I feel like having a genuine retro experience, I now have a snug retro corner to indulge my retro addiction.
                  Last edited by Leon Retro; 14-12-2018, 22:15.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post

( The image looks totally mint in person, but my camera can't capture it. )

I finally decided to buy a CRT after seeing one for a reasonable price that's in perfect condition. It's the 21" 'Sony Trinitron KV-21X5U' from 1998. It had been a bedroom TV but the seller said it's hardly been used. The picture quality is totally mint: pure blacks, perfect sharpness, deep vibrant colours etc... But I can't capture how a CRT looks using my camera. I adjusted the geometry to get rid of the little border on the right that Sony TVs have using RGB -- and I used some test patterns to get the image as uniform as possible. The stereo sound is also really clear with a nice amount of bass.

Luckily, I also found a small stand that has black glass shelves with a black metal frame. It perfectly suits the TV and is in mint condition.

So I really got lucky with these two items. I now have a nice little retro corner away from my main entertainment set up. Using a quality CRT again has given me a strong nostalgia buzz. Whenever I feel like having a genuine retro experience, I now have a snug retro corner to indulge my retro addiction.
                    Your back on the slippy slope Leon! Let’s get you on the BVM/PVM track now!

Comment

Superb game choice for the photo.

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
                        Your back on the slippy slope Leon! Let’s get you on the BVM/PVM track now!
                        As much as I'd buy a BVM/PVM if I had the money and plenty of extra room, the image quality on this Trinitron has really impressed me. So I'm happy to have it for when I want a true retro fest.

Ideally, I'd have a collection of CRT screens for peace of mind. As much as I still think the OSSC & Framemeister do a good job, there's definitely something special about playing retro games on a CRT.

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                        Superb game choice for the photo.
                        Such a fun game. The Trinitron really shows off how beautiful the graphics are. Plus the music is excellent.

Comment

You can't beat the genuine article, no matter how much money you spend.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                            You can't beat the genuine article, no matter how much money you spend.
                            Yeah, there are elements of CRT tech that you can't really replicate on an LCD. The Framemeister & OSSC definitely do a reasonable job at creating a CRT vibe, but you miss the glow and overall feel. As much as I now have a really nice CRT, I'll still be using my FM & OSSC some of the time.
                            Last edited by Leon Retro; 14-12-2018, 22:21.

Comment

Big tyme vampire killing etc. Dont worry havnt completely lost the plot after Neo Geo splurg won it in sega facebook page bonus ball raffle cost me less than a tenner in tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
                                sega facebook page bonus ball raffle cost me less than a tenner in tickets.
                                Well done. Goes for around £120 these days.

Comment

Working...
                                X