No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not exactly a new pick up, finally modded my old gba with the ags 101 and glass screen. First time i have really tried modding anything, its not perfect but Im really happy with how it turned out

Only wished I had done this before the ags 101 screens doubled in price to how much they were last year.

Comment

Is that one of the Rose Coloured Gaming ones? Did they not come with the screen already?

(looks lovely!)

Comment

Oh, are the screens back up again? Keep meaning to buy one to put in my 001.

Edit: £37 on AliExpress, so hardly double.
        Last edited by speedlolita; 29-01-2019, 11:51.

Comment

That looks nice, good job. It’s something I’d always like to do but realistically I don’t know if I’d get enough use out of it. I have SO many handhelds and rarely use them.

Comment

Do the Rose Coloured Gaming ones have boosted brightness? I have a modded one but it's definitely not as bright as my actual AGS101.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
              Is that one of the Rose Coloured Gaming ones? Did they not come with the screen already?

(looks lovely!)
              Thanks, I bought the shell and glass screen off of ebay for about £15 and the ags 101 screen off of AliExpress for about £40. I had to buy a second gba as well as I messed up the soldering so that was another £12. So in total it came to about £70. In some of the YouTube videos I watched, the screen prices were mentioned to be about £20 a year ago so prices have jumped. And because of the popularity of modding GBAs it probably wont go back down so you should look into getting the kit now if it’s something you want to do.

Add a GBA everdrive and you have the perfect way to play GBA games

Comment

My copy of Time Bokan Series - Bokan to Ippatsu! Doronbou arrived from Germany of all places in remarkable condition for been 23 years old. still waiting for my other time bokan game to turn up from Japan, hope it's in a good a condition as this one.

Booted up my ps1 without running it through the framemeister just to see how it compares to the pinsharp scanlined goodness of playing via a ps classic, yeesh my eyes feel violated by just how distorted and jank the original untouched image is and thats with it running through rgb scart. Thankfully i have a couple of ways now to make these games look nice again, genuinely been surprised at how well ps1 games have aged now planning on restarting on building my ps1 game collection a bit more. Just a shame some games have been effected by that retro hype & are way out of my casual purchasing price range. Some i'm going to have to dig deep for.

Comment

In all likelihood at the very least more obscure titles aren’t going to lose value. Pepsiman is on my list too, but copies with spine always seem to be a good chunk more...

Comment

So far i'm lucky as most of the titles im after are ones in the reasonable price range, disk stuff is harder to collect for in some regards as they are easier to damage so it's harder to track stuff down in what i would class as acceptible condition as most places show stock images which is frustrating as hell especially on higher priced items.

The ps classic is to blame for all this lol, I made the mistake of playing all the shooters on the ps1 via my classic, which has led me to the dangerous to my finances realisation that i need zanac x zanac in my collection along with harmful park but i won't be even remotely attempting to go for those until i have cleared the list of other titles im after there's at least 3 more food related games i have still yet left to pick up, food related games get priority i love the weirdness of the ps1 library. Still need to get a pocketstation too, i have games for it that i bought when i bought one off ebay that went missing on the post i was refunded but never got around to getting another even though i have games that only work with it would be nice to finally play them.
                    Last edited by importaku; 31-01-2019, 18:22.

Comment

A little birthday treat to myself...

Has 4MB of RAM installed and TOS 2.06 ROMS. Just waiting on the scart cable and Ultrasatan arriving. And my knee healing so I can get up the loft to set it up!

Comment

An ST nice, doesn't look too yellowed too which is a bonus

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                          An ST nice, doesn't look too yellowed too which is a bonus
                          A STe no less! Yeah I was very pleased with the condition when I opened the box. Haven’t owned one since about ‘93. Going to be weird using TOS again.

Comment

Retro computer stuff is always fun, even now with all the fancy consoles out i still enjoy playing old computer games. I grew up on computers long before i could afford consoles, a lot of great gaming memories as a kid on spectrum & vic 20. I enjoyed amiga & st stuff via my friends as they were lucky enough to own the fancy computers.

Comment

I was first exposed to the ST via a mate who lived with his Uncle who kind of spoiled him. I had a humble Speccy at the time and the setup offered by the ST was pretty mind blowing. It’s amazing seeing what people can wring out of these old systems nowadays. And the ingenuity of the peripherals and mods that are keeping these twenty odd year old systems usable.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                                I was first exposed to the ST via a mate who lived with his Uncle who kind of spoiled him. I had a humble Speccy at the time and the setup offered by the ST was pretty mind blowing. It’s amazing seeing what people can wring out of these old systems nowadays. And the ingenuity of the peripherals and mods that are keeping these twenty odd year old systems usable.
                                I stil have my Atari ST E - It was my 1st every experince of the 16 bit gaming, when my uncle bought it for F29 Retaliator and we play that for hours on end (he latter got an Amiga so I was given the ST . I used to love playing Circus games on the ST with mates

Brill system and Happy Birthday boss

Comment

Working...
                                X