No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally i can try out my pocketstation games, picked one up off ebay years ago and bought some games to go with it but the thing never arrived i got a refund but never got another. So for years i have had pocketstation only games sat here but never been able to play them well until now when i finally picked a used one up, the screen was sadly scuffed to hell and back.

However in my pinball maintenance box i have the wonder trio of novus, used this stuff for years in fact these bottles are 15 years old and still working lol

Bit of elbow grease and it now looks like new, well unless you get really close as it has loads of ultrafine polish marks but hell of a lot better than a cloudy scuffed screen.
    Last edited by importaku; 02-02-2019, 21:42.

Comment

Some new ps1 games to use with my newly acquired pocketstation. Decided to do a bit of ebay shiopping.

Comment

I tried a chou aniki game after Importaku mentioned it. It's too hard for me, but the sprites are quite funny. I've also got the PSP game on its way.

Comment

Originally posted by Marius View Post
          I tried a chou aniki game after Importaku mentioned it. It's too hard for me, but the sprites are quite funny. I've also got the PSP game on its way.
          Did you try the easy mode in the options settings? It is very hard i have to admit the water level is kicking my ass but i keep trying as i find it hillarious.

Comment

No. I'll have to try that. So far my experience has been that, unlike most shooters, it isn't the screen being filled with bullets / missiles that kills me. It's the fact that gigantic enemies, which take up most of the screen and soak up loads of damage, are making their way towards me, and there's no way to avoid them.

Comment

No. I'll have to try that. So far my experience has been that, unlike most shooters, it isn't the screen being filled with bullets / missiles that kills me. It's the fact that gigantic enemies, which take up most of the screen and soak up loads of damage, are making their way towards me, and there's no way to avoid them.
              Its essential on first level to kill as many of thise giant hopping guys as possible to get those golden protein drops as you need to get powered up as it does make it a lot easier as the standard shot is very weedy. That naked robot boss guy is dead easy the only bit thats tricky is when he shoots that other guy out of his dick area however i have found if you go down to the very bottom of the screen before it's fully extended you can stay underneath it and take no damage. If you did everything correct you can breeze through the gladiator colosseum level as you'll have enough firepower to take down everything and keep collecting those protein powerups the boss at the very end is just as easy as you can stay at the very top or bottom of the screen and the stack of men cant reach you with their bullets. As for the next level the underwater stage you are on your own as i'm struggling on that one lol, i have yet to learn a strategy to get through that stage.

Comment

Things seem to be arriving daily in the post now, Bokan desuyo turned up from Japan today & i'm relieved to see it's in lovely condition. Also decided to get a uk psone power supply as they are only £10 off ebay means i can stop using a stepdown. It's officially been granted uk living status now and can intergrate into the uk power grid lol. Realised as my game collection grows the paltry single memory card i have is already maxed out so i have bought a bunch off ebay in various translucent colours to replace the whole rainbow of memory cards i used to have years ago when i bought the entire range. Now i have at least enough memory to move files around and do other stuff as the games start building up just need to wait for those to turn up hopefully in a week or so's time.
                Last edited by importaku; 04-02-2019, 22:39.

Comment

Please post some thoughts on how it plays. Chou aniki had me cursing in frustration again last night. The PSP game arrived, but I haven't tried it yet. If Bokandesuyo is easier I might go for that instead.

Comment

Please post some thoughts on how it plays. Chou aniki had me cursing in frustration again last night. The PSP game arrived, but I haven't tried it yet. If Bokandesuyo is easier I might go for that instead.
                    It's pretty easy you can complete the main game in under 10 credits however it does have a special game mode thats a bit harder so it's not over too quickly. Bokan desuyo has some really charming stages & bosses, the weapon upgrades feel satisfying when you get them up to level 4.

Comment

More imports, was just randomly browsing through the jpn imports on ebay spotted one of the remaining 3 food related games i was after didn't expect to see a brand new copy of Gourmet Action Game: Manpuku!! Nabe Kazoku for £15, yes please (click) just charumera & yakitori musume to go. There are technically a few more food related ones like burger burger but i need to try them out as they are more like sim games than action games.

Love these type of games, yakiniku bugyou is a similar game style funnily enough most of these food games are made by the same company. Love them all, enjoying going back to ps1 and rediscovering just how fun some of this stuff is. Ps1 & 2 were the golden generations where weird & quirky games were in abundance. With ps3 & 4 they pretty much all dried up (although a lot on vr nowdays).
                      Last edited by importaku; 05-02-2019, 12:42.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                        . Ps1 & 2 were the golden generations where weird & quirky games were in abundance. With ps3 & 4 they pretty much all dried up (although a lot on vr nowdays).
                        All the 'weird & quirky' games were digital downloads on the 360 & PS3, so when I was collecting for those systems there weren't many boxed games I wanted. With the PS1 & PS2, there are plenty of quirky games to collect, so it definitely makes those systems interesting to collect for.

Comment

The ps1 & 2 share many things in common with the ds when it comes to unusual games, due to the immense popularity off all 3 it let companies try unusual game experiments, it's games like that which i truly love. There's a lot out there, quirky little games made by small little publishers that did maybe one print run and that's the only game they ever released and it slowly vanished into total obscurity amongst the heavy hitters. One day i will get around to ps2 collecting to pick up the quirky games for that too.

Comment

I've got Yakitori Musume and Nabe Kazoku. Never heard of Charumera though.

There's also ramen hashi.

Comment

I've got Yakitori Musume and Nabe Kazoku. Never heard of Charumera though.

There's also ramen hashi.
                              charumera is stupidly charming, you play as a ramen kart seller walking around the town selling your dishes. Theres a story to it as you visit certain places and you can invent recipes of your own to sell. I really like it, the artsyle is lovely it's watercolour drawings. Have ramen hashi coming in the post currently playing it on ps classic, man the characters in that game are horrifingly ugly lol. My ramen recipes are also horrible so nobody likes them i need to put more work into properly playing when the physical copy turns up. Just found 2 more very fun & unusual ps1 games i'll talk about them in the what you playing reto thread.

Comment

Cool. Looking forward to reading that.

Comment

Working...
                                X