No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More arrivals today, planet dob, pocket dungeon & pocket tuner arrived. So glad planet dob was new as that spinecard took the damage of the sun which thankfully protected the edge from getting faded, somewhere in it's previous life it must have been sat on a shelf in japan in some random shop near a window been ignored for years for that amount of burn to take place but it is now living with me so it's going to get opened & played like every sealed game in my collection does. Also now have enough memory to stop deleting saves every time i get a new game.

Comment

And another knock at the door, yay my replicade Tempest arcade machine arrived. It's pretty nifty just like centipede is, they even include a couple of different sized spinner knobs so you can put one on that matches the scale or the larger one for more comfortable playing. Although the screen is not a vector one they have done a pretty good job at making a decent looking attempt. Box got a bit dinged up during shipping but not too bad overall.

Last edited by importaku; 09-02-2019, 12:41.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
        More arrivals today,
        You're waking up the collecting bug I've had under control for a while now. I must resist temptation!

Comment

And another knock at the door, yay my replicade Tempest arcade machine arrived
          Resistance is futile... I must buy one.

Comment

While i do enjoy playing current gen i still have a love of older games, my playstation collection has sat in stasis for years with me not buying anything for it but been able to download any game on the playstation classic and try it out has given me the ability like i did on the DS to try games that i'd never have dared take a risk on by buying blind. I find myself playing it a lot, it seems i barely scratched the surface with playstation there are so many imports i missed out on back in the day & im now in the process of tracking down. Have to pace myself though as i can easily end up spending hundreds & buying masses of games and probably not end up playing them, if i buy smaller batches i can play through & enjoy before moving to getting the next set. Still waiting for Tempest to fully charge up before i have a proper play session but from the quick go it controls not too bad, the spinner isn't a true one as it uses a pot instead of a optical wheel but it's useable.

If you wanna check them out they have a website
            RepliCade Amusements™ is a collection of products inspired by the video game arcade. Our team of makers has over 20 years of experience in design, development, marketing, and manufacturing of video game software, hardware, and collectibles. Now we’ve struck out on our own to form New Wave Toys™.
            Last edited by importaku; 09-02-2019, 12:58.

Comment

While i do enjoy playing current gen i still have a love of older games, my playstation collection has sat in stasis for years with me not buying anything for it but been able to download any game on the playstation classic
              When I was able to play PS1 games on my Raspberry Pi last year, it inspired me to buy Japanese copies of all the Ridge Racer games for that machine. Playing retro games on things like the Pi and Mini consoles always gives me an urge to buy games I don't own. Also, there's always some quirky or little talked about game that inspires me and makes me want to grab a boxed copy.

If you wanna check them out they have a website
              https://newwavetoys.com/
              I definitely can't justify/afford $120 for something that I'll just think looks really cool but won't play much. I wish I could just splash the cash.
              Last edited by Leon Retro; 09-02-2019, 13:53.

Comment

Who you gonna call?

Nice get [MENTION=8265]CMcK[/MENTION]

Comment

And another knock at the door, yay my replicade Tempest arcade machine arrived.
                  Oh wow, I need one of these in my life. Going to have to have one

Comment

That Tempest machine looks cracking.

importaku any chance of a couple of photos to see the size of the controls in your hands?

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                      That Tempest machine looks cracking.

importaku any chance of a couple of photos to see the size of the controls in your hands?
                      Here you go, it's small but the controls are useable. The spinner is clicky as you spin as it's using a rotary switch but it's reasonably accurate i can't spot any huge flaws in the emulation as of yet but i am only playing the easier levels so far. Some people online have said that there's lag on the spinner but as i haven't had much experience with the original bar the couple of times at arcade club when i tried their cabinet i haven't spotted much on my machine. It's not 100% arcade perfect but for the scale they have brought it down to i think they pulled it off pretty well, im still astounded they managed to get centipedes trackball down to that scale and have it fully work, im excited to see what the other machines in the range down the line are i know streetfighter 2 is next will be curious to see how they manage to get a joystick working in this scale as it's the first one that's not 100% arcade accurate as they only had enough room to fit one players controls on the machine the other player has to use a separate stick.

Anyway here's a couple of pics i couldn't do both hands together as i had to hold my camera. Bear in mind i have very large hands so the scale may vary but i have zero problems playing it. Due to it's smaller size you will find that you need to experiment for the comfiest position to play in but so far i'm enjoying it.

Anyone feel free to ask any questions i'll try to answer them if i can.

Comment

That’s really cool. I would guess for the trackball based ones they are using trackballs similar to the ones Blackberries used to have.

Comment

£4.89 & free shipping i couldn't help myself as i miss not having them both in my collection although the first game has better songs will get the sequel at a later point. Plan on getting more of the bemani games already have every DDR game but would love to do the same with pop n music & beatmania.

Comment

Quite a few modern pick ups this time plus some retro stuff and many view pictures.

Comment

Well as a present my mum bought me a copy of pepsiman off ebay from a seller that had over 1000+ feedback and all 100%, listed as very good condition. So it turns up today....

yeah **** that! every page of the manual is full of creases and the disk looks like it was used to play air hockey.

mum is pretty upset as she really wanted to suprise me and what she got as a **** condition game for the price of $89, suffice to say i have read the seller the riot act along with those pics as evidence. Yeah the myth that Japanese look after their stuff in pristine condition is just that. A myth, they treat it like trash like everywhere else.

Comment

That's an interesting reaction. Definitely a shame though after such a kind gesture. Filling a return abroad doesn't sound like the best of times but perhaps worth it in this scenario?

Comment

Working...
                                X