• Show
Clear All

Drink!

Comment

Feck!

Comment

Arse!

Comment

Those were my exact thoughts as I scrolled over those jpgs.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
            That's an interesting reaction. Definitely a shame though after such a kind gesture. Filling a return abroad doesn't sound like the best of times but perhaps worth it in this scenario?
            Mum showed me the auction she got it from the seller blatantly did a bait & switch as the manual in the auction pic looks flawless where as the copy that turned up had tons of scuff marks from wear of it been taken out the case many times over the years. Looks like i won't be having pepesiman in my collection anytime soon as i don't want a jank ass copy especially one that cost mum a crapload of cash for, the seller is definitely getting a neg for trying to pull that crap he can kiss his 100% goodbye. Thankfully in this case i can get her a refund but yeah it's a pain sending a game all the way back to japan, luckily pepsiman isn't that rare so i can find a decent copy if i dig deep.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
              . Yeah the myth that Japanese look after their stuff in pristine condition is just that. A myth, they treat it like trash like everywhere else.
              I can understand you are upset and I would be too but I can pretty much bet that the seller is not Japanese. For a start it was from Ebay. We don't have Ebay here. The seller is probably a dick living in Japan which would also explain the old switch-a-roo on what is shown and what you got. In using Yahoo Action for over 15 years this has never happened to me. If its junk its shown as junk.
              Yes, there are ****ty conditioned Japanese games sold by sellers in Japan but they do make sure you are aware of that by pictures or listing it as junk.

Comment

Oh it is a japanese guy i have his full name and return address. That's not strictly true on yahoo auctions japan either mark remember that copy of wonder kitchen you got for me off there where the seller took pics at sneaky angles to totally hide the damage and didn't mention at all the tears in the box on the auction listing. Also had people on amazon japan marketplace try & pull a fast one, had a seller on there that tried to sell a resealed ds game as new. When i took af the plastic the manual and cart were in piss poor condition and the games save slots had data on them.
                Last edited by importaku; 21-02-2019, 13:28.

Comment

You are gonna get dicks anywhere in the world, but you just need to visit a CeX to see we are setting the bar pretty low for looking after our games in the UK!

Comment

My main issue is the blatant dishonestly, pepsiman is not a cheap game my mum ended up spending nearly £90 to get it because the pics made it look like it was in extremely good condition. The copy that arrived was totally a different one to the pics might have well as come from cex for the state it was in, mum isnt exactly rolling in money it was extremely kind of her to buy me it as a present and thats why im so pissed off as she shouldn't be having to deal with that dishonest crap. I have helped her initiate a refund & it's gonna end up costing the seller as we sent it back to japan insured & tracked which cost £9 so they are gonna have to refund us that as well as ebay have said they are responsible for return postage. Made sure i have that seller written down so i avoid any auctions of his while searching for ps1 games in the future. Least mum will get a full refund in the end.

In the end i ended up getting a copy of pepsi man this morning from a uk seller for £70 hoping his pics are accurate too, it was listed as very good as well heres hoping.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                      My main issue is the blatant dishonestly, pepsiman is not a cheap game my mum ended up spending nearly £90 to get it because the pics made it look like it was in extremely good condition.
                      Yeah, there's a big difference between blatant dishonesty and not mentioning a few minor details on a game's condition.

If a seller is clear about any obvious problems with the condition of a game, then the buyer can make an informed purchase. I hate it when a seller says a game has a "few lights marks on the disc" and it ends up being covered in deep scratches.

It's very important for a seller to detail the condition of an item, so buyers can decide if the price fits the condition. Fortunately, 90% of my eBay purchases over the years have met my expectations.

Comment

Spotted a brand new copy of domino kun o tomenaide on genki, can now replace my worn copy that has a creased manual and resurfaced disk.

Comment

I had my NTSC Atari 2600 upgraded to RGB with a Tim Worthington board that uses Scart. The image quality is totally mint -- and I can choose between a Pal or NTSC colour palette.

I also bought an Atari Championship joystick because I read a positive review. I'm glad to say that it really is something special, so it will definitely be my main joystick now. It feels so much better than the standard Atari joystick.
                          Last edited by Leon Retro; 18-02-2019, 14:00.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post

I had my NTSC Atari 2600 upgraded to RGB with a Tim Worthington board that uses Scart. The image quality is totally mint -- and I can choose between a Pal or NTSC colour palette.

I also bought an Atari Championship joystick because I read a positive review. I'm glad to say that it really is something special, so it will definitely be my main joystick now. It feels so much better than the standard Atari joystick.
                            Nice. Seeing a 2600 with a stable clean image must be something special indeed.

Comment

Well my copy of mr domino turned up from genkivideogames, super pristine wasted no time in removing the plastic, no way is that game been left sealed. Never knew that brand new copies came with a sheet of memory card stickers. Pretty awesome, also loving the merchandise why the hell didn't i know about this earlier im unfortunately im 22 years too late to try and find any of it. booooooooooo

Dat backpack, WANT!

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                                Nice. Seeing a 2600 with a stable clean image must be something special indeed.
                                It already had a Composite mod when I bought it a few years ago, but the image was still terrible. So being a fond of the machine, I decided RGB was a must-have. It looks 100% mint now. Being able to see things clearly makes the games easier to play. Plus some games really shine with the vibrant palette being shown off.

Comment

Working...
                                X