Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaytimeDreamer View Post
    I have the wired USB version. Not solid at all. I used it for a week/10 days with my MiSTer setup and one of the directions on the d-pad broke inside so I had to take it apart and glue it with superglue. It works now but not sure for how long.

The USB version on the other hand must have very little lag. Very hard for me to spot any when it comes to fighters.
    I was using a wired Retrobit Saturn pad, it too had a direction button failure after around 5-6.hours of use. After failing to send out a replacement after 3 emailed promises I am now told they are sending me two.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
      To be fair, even a button sticking sometimes is a sign of poor quality. Official pads even after 25 years are working perfectly.
      Yes, though I've had that happen with my office 6 button Mega Drive pad in the day and the right shoulder button on my official Snes pad. So sometimes one gets a bad bunch, but they all worked to be fair. I haven't seen lag on the pad, that's bad enough to make games unplayable myself

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post

Amazing

Comment

And more turned up today, spotted Zuma on Amazon usa for a great price & i kind of like the DS version so into my collection it goes. Just one game still in the post somewhere hopefully it comes before xmas but thankfully most of the expensive games escaped customs shakedown. With these 2 DS games that brings my collection upto 353 games and yet i'm still not even remotely done with picking up titles hehe still a lot to get from Japan and also the USA.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
            With these 2 DS games
            I'm now feeling nostalgic for the DS. Also, the case design appeals to me.

Comment

I'd say by the time i reach 400 that will be the majority of what i call the worth playing games, what will be left are the lesser stuff that while not quite in the shovelware tier they are not the A grade stuff either. I don't think there will be another console like this again from Nintendo or anyone else that has such a vast library of weird & experimental stuff, it has a lot in common with the PS1 in that respect where games were released because a developer had a fun idea for a game it's the reason i have such fondness for the PS1 library and why i still collect for it even now.

I could have pumped up my DS collection numbers to 1000 easily by buying lots of those shovelware bundles off ebay as i have seen some people do as they go for peanuts and are full of jank but half the fun is researching and playing a carefully curated & hand selected collection of games. Thankfully im way beyond youtubers knowledge of whats out there in Japan on DS so they cant ruin that market as i have already found most of the titles i was after. I'm sure they will try though lol

Comment

I'm now feeling nostalgic for the DS. Also, the case design appeals to me.
                The last time Nintendo would include full colour manuals for every game instead of that laughable digital crap that passes for a manual now. I get lots of nostalgia for DS been there from its beginning so i have enjoyed it evolving with updates as well as looking forward to games as they were released. Need to pull my finger out on 3DS as im so far behind in catching up on missing titles.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                  Need to pull my finger out on 3DS as im so far behind in catching up on missing titles.
                  I've never owned a 3DS, but I'll probably buy one when they're cheap second hand. The price has remained high for ages. I know there are quite a few games I'd enjoy playing.
                  Last edited by Leon Retro; 18-12-2019, 22:17.

Comment

Got me some Saturn shooters, big thanks to Gordon!

Comment

Originally posted by dyer60 View Post

Beautiful
                      Wish I had kept my copy of Sexy Parodius (also my copy of Cotton Boomerang...but that's another story for another day)

Hope you enjoy them all

Neil

Comment

Nice. Good to see your doing this right when it comes to Parodius games. All great items you have there.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                          Nice. Good to see your doing this right when it comes to Parodius games. All great items you have there.
                          Thanks, an early birthday gift to myself.

Yeh, got to be Saturn all the way for Parodius games! Like [MENTION=7037]Soundwave[/MENTION] had them and sold them years ago but just had to have them back.

Comment

Got me some Saturn shooters

Dodonpachi is awesome.

Comment

Yeh, got to be Saturn all the way for Parodius games! Like [MENTION=7037]Soundwave[/MENTION] had them and sold them years ago but just had to have them back.
                              Glad it wasn't just me then
                              The stupid things we do huh?

Comment

Dodonpachi is awesome.
                                I struggle to get past the ugly scaling in YOKO mode in Dodonpachi.

Comment

Working...
                                X