Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ZipZap View Post

Outside Outrun, they don't exist.
    It's a shame because I really wanted the OutRun car, but at least I managed to get something similar. It has a nice OutRun vibe.

I just need to put a guy and his girlfriend in the seats.

Comment

Late Xmas present finally arrived.

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
        Late Xmas present finally arrived.
        Worth waiting for. One of the best NES/Famicom games.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
          Worth waiting for. One of the best NES/Famicom games.
          Aye, for sure. I was going to get the special edition with the model inside, but after seeing the final product didn't quite match up to the mockups I figured a standard release was the better option.

Comment

This one is obscenely rare because of the condition it's in firstly it's the original release and not the psone books version & secondly i never expected to find a copy brand new sealed & unfaded. It wasn't cheap at £111 but seeing as some fool is trying to flog a sealed inferior psone books version on ebay for £700 i was happy with the price i paid, i have been after this one for the looooongest time it's a very obscure & uncommon game in the wild. I doubt there are many sealed copies left and when i get my hands on this one there will be one less as it's there to be played. Praying it doesn't go missing in the post or i'll seriously cry.

Mirano's part time job collection

Not everyones kind of game but i like minigame type collections, this one is especially charming as it has fantastic pixel art and fun game mechanics of having to live on your own and manage Mirano's stats while using minigames cash to pay for your stuff as you furnish your grandads empty house, child labour exploitation ftw.
            Last edited by importaku; 17-02-2020, 11:08.

Comment

Thank you importaku for reminding me I’m not as hardcore a retro gamer as I sometimes think I am. Whilst I might be happy to pour all of five minutes into that if it were, say, a £5 import curio, there is no way on Earth I’d be so happy to drop £111 on a game like that.

I know, each to their own, and not saying it’s a bad game by any means. And pleased you bagged yourself a (seeming) bargain.

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
                Thank you importaku for reminding me I’m not as hardcore a retro gamer as I sometimes think I am. Whilst I might be happy to pour all of five minutes into that if it were, say, a £5 import curio, there is no way on Earth I’d be so happy to drop £111 on a game like that.

I know, each to their own, and not saying it’s a bad game by any means. And pleased you bagged yourself a (seeming) bargain.
                I'm rather alarmed at how accustomed over become to ridiculous retro prices. Not that long ago I would never pay £100 for a game, but since I've been filling out my shooter collection I'm now pretty used to £200 and beyond. Crazy. I'm stopping soon, honest.

Comment

I have played the iso for a while and i love it enough to want a physical copy the problem been even a used copy of the budget psone books version can go from 2000-7000 yen depending on condition it doesn't come up for sale that often either on amazon jp, yahoo auctions, mercari, surugaya or even ebay and when it does it's nearly always the psone books budget version. Even in Japan it's a pretty hard one to find even moreso for the first print version.

The price was mainly down to it been a sealed new copy i could have picked one up a lot sooner if i lowered my collecting standards but i really don't want janky copy for games i love i try to go ideally for new or in new like condition and for ps1 sadly it's usually really expensive nowadays, new copies of the first print of this one are exceedingly rare. I came across this one totally by chance as it appeared on a google image search and the pic that popped up was of a sealed copy from an ebay auction i clicked on the link expecting to see it from a long closed auction only to find it was still active. It was listed with a weird spelling which is why it never appeared on my search and why it was still available. In the PS1 library this game is kind of unique, there are many minigame type complilations like bishi bashi but none quite like this one & its artstyle.

Ironically this one has been harder to find than something like harmful park, there are a lot of ps1 games that quietly came out and then vanished into the background. Besides my shooters list i'm still working on purchasing my way through theres only a few more ps1 games on my non shooters list im still after thankfully i have been lucky and managed to get most of them but planetokio still eludes me for now.
                  Last edited by importaku; 17-02-2020, 19:06.

Comment

Originally posted by Kotatsu Neko View Post
                    I'm rather alarmed at how accustomed over become to ridiculous retro prices. Not that long ago I would never pay £100 for a game, but since I've been filling out my shooter collection I'm now pretty used to £200 and beyond. Crazy. I'm stopping soon, honest.
                    It's scary isn't it? lol, however some games no matter how patient you wait they will never appear at bargain prices. It's one of those decisions on wether you love a game enough to pay out for a physical copy. Shooters are an expensive section of the ps1 library a lot can be gotten for reasonably sane <£100 prices but theres a small wedge of them that come at premium pricing. Usually pisses me off more when a seller has a game in trash condition & still expects a premium price for it. If the game is flawless im more willing to consider the higher pricing depending on how much i really like the game.

Comment

I used to not blink twice at paying £200 - £300 for a game but a) that was mainly for AES games and b) back when I was younger and more foolish.

These days I’m far more at peace with myself just using a ROM or burnt disc for those elusive titles whilst keeping a modest collection of more affordable titles for that authentic nostalgia rush.

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post

These days I’m far more at peace with myself just using a ROM or burnt disc for those elusive titles whilst keeping a modest collection of more affordable titles for that authentic nostalgia rush.
                        I focus on being really happy with all the retro hardware I accumulated between 2000-2010. It's nice to know that I have great examples of all the classic 8 and 16-bit machines -- and I can use genuine hardware when I feel like it.

My games collection is mainly made up of my favourite golden classics, with a lot of cheaper stuff bulking it out. I've sold quite a few really expensive games over the past few years. If I'm ever rich, I'll grab all the gems that are missing from my collection. If not, I'll just enjoy emulation and FPGA stuff.

Comment

Nowadays the only 2 collections that still get the serious money funneled into them are my PS1 & DS collections but saying that i don't just go wildly draining my credit card as tempting as it is. For the really expensive games i weigh them up on various factors the main one been would i be able to find another copy in that condition if i pass up on it for some other title first.

Thankfully the remaining DS games im after are mostly in the less than £100 catagory, wish i could say the same for PS1 lol. I now have most of the weird quirky games i know of but with PS1 there's always the high chance there are loads more that i'm totally unaware of. Still need to find a copy of kitchen panic but i have yet to see a nice condition copy. It's another annoyingly hard to find game it rarely turns up for sale and usually when it does the cover is faded to hell and it's in crap condition and yet it still has a stupidly high price tag.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post

Thankfully the remaining DS games im after are mostly in the less than £100 catagory, wish i could say the same for PS1 lol.
                            I was heavily into collecting between 2002-2012 -- when I managed to get something like Macross: Scrambled Valkyrie for £15. I remember thinking £35 for Rondo of Blood was expensive.

I couldn't afford to get into collecting retro games again, but I do gradually collect 360 games that cost under £10. I completed my OG Xbox collection a while back and never spent more than £15 on a game. The same with my GameCube and PS2 collection.

It's cool that you have a passion for all the PS1 & DS gems and curios. Sounds like you can justify the outlay without it having a huge impact on your finances. There's no way I could spend £100+ on games.

These days I'm collecting 1:24 scale diecast cars, which are pretty cheap to collect. You can get good quality models from £5 to £30. As I'm not into the extra large 1:18 scale models, I save money. AutoArt 1:18 models cost tons of dosh, but I'm happy with the quality of the 1:24 models I collect -- they're not plastic kids toys.

So my collecting bug won't ever go away, but it's all very modest these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
                              I was heavily into collecting between 2002-2012 -- when I managed to get something like Macross: Scrambled Valkyrie for £15. I remember thinking £35 for Rondo of Blood was expensive.

I couldn't afford to get into collecting retro games again, but I do gradually collect 360 games that cost under £10. I completed my OG Xbox collection a while back and never spent more than £15 on a game. The same with my GameCube and PS2 collection.

It's cool that you have a passion for all the PS1 & DS gems and curios. Sounds like you can justify the outlay without it having a huge impact on your finances. There's no way I could spend £100+ on games.

These days I'm collecting 1:24 scale diecast cars, which are pretty cheap to collect. You can get good quality models from £5 to £30. As I'm not into the extra large 1:18 scale models, I save money. AutoArt 1:18 models cost tons of dosh, but I'm happy with the quality of the 1:24 models I collect -- they're not plastic kids toys.

So my collecting bug won't ever go away, but it's all very modest these days.
                              It kind of balances out, I don’t go partying at the weekends and rarely go on holidays away I’d rather use that money on stuff I can repeatedly enjoy instead of one off experiences which is why after I have paid the bills the rest goes into the hobby budget sometimes on cheap games other times on some of the higher end ones. Besides gaming my money sometimes gets diverted into arts & crafts stuff or into adding to my trading card collections. It’s nice to have a mix of hobbies to rotate through as sometimes my brain isn’t in a gaming mood. On my days off work I’m rarely ever bored at home I always have something fun to do, antisocial ftw. Lol

Comment

I have far too many hobbies and not enough time. The money isn't an issue.

I'm side-lining gaming currently because nothing is worth my time. I certainly don't even have the time to try tracking down either an AES or JP Mega Drive console in reasonable condition. Those are the only two things I want right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X