Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
    I struggled to replace that battery if that tells you anything. Would be nice to improve my soldering while we're all on lockdown tbh. Of course I also want to do some DIY, try my hand a programming, learn a new language and one hundread other things I'll never get round to trying but still...
    Improve your skills with these kits,fun and cheap to mess about with..leave the expensive stuff until your happy with your skills.

Comment

Originally posted by garrz32 View Post
      Improve your skills with these kits,fun and cheap to mess about with..leave the expensive stuff until your happy with your skills.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/51-Single....c100005.m1851
      Those look really cool! I'm going to give one a try.

Cheers

Comment

My missus has a tendency to order things and forget about it and we've just dug out her collection of PS2 games (about half of them are sealed!).

Some RPGs in there I've never heard of!

Comment

That's a quality stash mate, she has good taste

Picked up PC Breath of Fire IV, more out of curiosity than anything else. I was always surprised to see this get ported to PC of all things.

Comment

Not retro but used with the gameboy camera, only recently even knew this thing existed when i went looking on ebay for gameboy camera stuff, you plug the link cable from your gameboy into this instead of the gameboy printer and then you can send your pics to print onto this little marvel and then use your phone or your pc to log into the printer and pull the pics right off it. Been meaning to back up my pics for ages, i knew there was other methods in the past that extracted the save file or connected to the camera to get the pics but this is the most elegant method i have seen so far.

Might do a thread on it when it arrives, was pleased to see my pics are still on my camera.

Comment

Whoa, I need to look into one of these!

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                Whoa, I need to look into one of these!
                From online pics there seems to be different board colours of it in circulation but I found them on eBay for £25, if you search on gameboy camera WiFi printer you’ll see them show up. Funnily enough the seller is in Leeds second time I have bought something super local hehe.

The dongle needs a generic microusb power supply or a usb socket providing 5v like most things take and it will save 200 pics to the memory in the single I’m assuming they will be saved to ram while it’s not powered. It has a website interface built into it when you connect by WiFi to it and enter the ip address on the back of the board it shows you all the pics and you can tweak the colours etc. Looking forward to messing about with it, love when new tech is made for old tech.
                Last edited by importaku; 01-05-2020, 10:38.

Comment

Because I'm too ****ing lazy to press the buttons repeatedly on shmups these days.

Comment

Just need Dragon Warrior III now.

Comment

Comment

Couple of carts arrived today,

Currently addicted to Rocket Smash.

Comment

Wow, C64 games. Now that’s proper retro!! They look proper nice and minty too, and you can’t beat carts for their zero loading time and durability.

As a Speccy man myself I have to say fair play 😊

Comment

Been playing this one via emulator, loved it so much I thought I'd take the plunge , it really is a nice game.

post image

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumLeap View Post
                              Been playing this one via emulator, loved it so much I thought I'd take the plunge , it really is a nice game.

post image
                              I bet that wasn't cheap.

Comment

No , but if you cannot treat yourself on your birthday when can you.

Comment

Working...
                                X