Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    To be this Cool, takes SEGA

I should have bought one ages ago, when they were reasonably priced. Can't afford retro goodies these days.

Comment

Nice, that's my favourite Saturn. Bought one on here a decade ago but sold it because I felt guilty using something so nice... Sounds dumb right?

Comment

That is a beauty! I think the people who make the current DC console shells are doing Saturn ones at some point. No doubt they’ll be one to match that one, hopefully not a direct copy though so it’ll be obvious if it’s an original or not.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
          Nice, that's my favourite Saturn. Bought one on here a decade ago but sold it because I felt guilty using something so nice... Sounds dumb right?
          The design feels quite contemporary, so it's the Saturn I'd want on display. I'd love to show it off -- no guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by mmmonkey View Post
            That is a beauty! I think the people who make the current DC console shells are doing Saturn ones at some point. No doubt they’ll be one to match that one, hopefully not a direct copy though so it’ll be obvious if it’s an original or not.
            Who is doing the DC shells? Mine has got a bad case of sunburn.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
              Who is doing the DC shells? Mine has got a bad case of sunburn.
              Some guy in Australia sells them: https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_f...shell&_sacat=0

I'm tempted buy the black or smoke black shell, but I don't really need one. Would probably cost over £100 with import duty.

Comment

Where are these shells coming from? (Australia obviously) but is the seller having these made? I had a very good look around the internet and couldn’t find the source. I’m toying with buying one and building a modern Dreamcast with upgrades at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
                  Some guy in Australia sells them: https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_f...shell&_sacat=0

I'm tempted buy the black or smoke black shell, but I don't really need one. Would probably cost over £100 with import duty.
                  Thanks Leon. Yeah, they look cool, but it’s more than I’d want to spend really.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDanX View Post
                    Where are these shells coming from? (Australia obviously) but is the seller having these made?.
                    The seller has them made, so you can only buy them from his Ebay store. I looked around for other sellers but couldn't find anything similar

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                    but it’s more than I’d want to spend really.
                    I was hoping a seller in China had something similar for a reasonable price, because £65 is too steep for me. Especially with the additional costs of importing from Australia.

Comment

The NA boxart is so much better than the EU boxart. Being slimmer and cheaper helps too.

Comment

Yeah I can't stand the PAL DS boxes, I'm mostly US for DS - some JP. The finish on that FFIV cover is great.

Comment

Yeah I can't stand the PAL DS boxes, I'm mostly US for DS - some JP. The finish on that FFIV cover is great.
                          Yeah it's lovely. I will get PAL if its an English language exclusive or the US version is stupidly expensive like Solatorobo, but If I can I'll always go for a US copy.

I recently discovered AUS boxes are the slimmer versions which makes sense and is kind of cool.

Comment

Its mine too out of the regular ones. Just need to win the lotto now, so I can buy the Saturn Hi Saturn Navi. Which for me is the best looking console of all time

Comment

Thanks to Yakumo’s recommendation Ive now got an OSSC, I was going to get a rad2x but ive given up on that after waiting 3 weeks for preorders to go live and staying up until 1am to place a preorder only for the website to go down and being listed as sold out a few minutes later once the site finally loaded, and theres no way Im paying 3x the price to greedy scalpers on ebay. Now I just need to wait for my saturn and neo geo cd scart cables to arrive and the mode from terraonion and I will be all set to revisit the Saturn library.

Also got a replacement flex cable for the dchdmi mod after a messed up the cable on my first attempt. Hopefully I get it right this time!

Comment

French retro goodness this week-

Comment

Working...
                                X