No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More gumtree goodness ... got this little lot (including an official DOL-013 RGB scart cable) for £35

Comment

Favourite looking console. Nice.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post

He's used Tomy Racing Turbo:
        I had one of them when I was a lad. Great fun. And the instruments were all mechanical not a LED in sight. Mock 911 from the front.

Comment

Some Saturn pick ups

Comment

Just had a total mad flashback of playing Area 51 in the pub back in the 90s

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
              Just had a total mad flashback of playing Area 51 in the pub back in the 90s
              Its not a bad light gun game at all. The Saturn version isn't the best, but its still great fun. Konami soccer game is fab too

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                including an official DOL-013 RGB scart cable) for £35
                That cable was worth £30 the last time I checked. I still love the GameCube design - and have a soft spot for my original purple machine, but use a black one these days. I bought a silver one a while back but don't like silver these days.

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                Some Saturn pick ups
                Is Black Fire better than Firestorm? Looks like Comanche Overkill from the video I watched.

Comment

I remember nipping into WHSmith on the way to work one morning to pick up the latest Edge

Awesome understated design. Looks better with a matching GBA Player...

Comment

Originally posted by _SD_ View Post

Awesome understated design. Looks better with a matching GBA Player...
                    It's funny to look back and remember people saying the GameCube looked like a kids toy. Even journos were saying that. But now it's clearly a great design - and much nicer than the PS2 & Xbox. I still think the PS2 design looks like a mess and cheap. The PS2 neither looks cool, classy, or cute. Just ugly. At least the Xbox looked like a beast and felt like an expensive piece of kit.

Comment

Seems there are a wave of people that passed it up back in the day but now realise the cube was a fantastic machine but they are super late to the party, enjoy trying to find game boxes that are not destroyed or decent priced component cables lol. Out of the home consoles gamecube is still my favourite so far, sure i do like the other generations but gamecube is the one i'd never sell up on as i'd never get my games back in the same condition, the saying that Japanese people look after their stuff is a total myth. Japanese gamecube boxes get destroyed so easily even on YAJ there are games i now never see in mint condition they don't look after them at all.
                      Last edited by importaku; 02-08-2018, 23:51.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                        Seems there are a wave of people that passed it up back in the day
                        I can sort of understand why lots of people dismissed the GameCube back in the day. The PS2 had a DVD drive and was hyped beyond belief, so lots of gamers attention was fully on that machine. Microsoft managed to promote the Xbox as a powerhouse console with cutting edge games like Halo - and then it delivered excellent online gaming with Xbox Live.

I clearly remember lots of people having the attitude that the GameCube was a machine for kids. I see why they had that point of view, because the big games for Nintendo's machine weren't like Halo, GTA3, Gran Turismo 3 etc... Of course, that was remedied to some degree with Eternal Darkness, Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes, and Resident Evil 4.

enjoy trying to find game boxes that are not destroyed or decent priced component cables lol.
                        I'm glad my GC collection is American. Although I have one JP game: PC Genjin.

Out of the home consoles gamecube is still my favourite so far, sure i do like the other generations but gamecube is the one i'd never sell up on as i'd never get my games back in the same condition,
                        It's definitely my favourite machine from that era. I do like the Xbox though and use it quite a bit. But there's something special about the GameCube and its best games that feels timeless. It's a console that has charmingly old school vibe about it, and it's best games still shine brightly. I just wish Super Monkey Ball ran in 480p.
                        Last edited by Leon Retro; 03-08-2018, 01:16.

Comment

I always thought the mini-DVDs were cool, but they really did limit the system. 3rd party cases show that the system could easily have accommodated full sized media...

The connectivity with the GBA, both via the link cable to an actual handheld and the Player was also quite cool and unique. It’s a just a shame that Nintendo don’t like the internet as that broadband adapter was basically wasted silicon and plastic.

I was was also blown away with how awesome the Wavebird was, it felt great to finally have decent wireless controllers, almost futuristic!

Comment

I always thought the mini-DVDs were cool, but they really did limit the system. 3rd party cases show that the system could easily have accommodated full sized media...
                            I think it was all about Nintendo trying to prevent piracy. I don't remember people copying the games back then, but years later I saw the DVD mod to allow copied games.

It’s a just a shame that Nintendo don’t like the internet as that broadband adapter was basically wasted silicon and plastic.
                            With hindsight we can see that Nintendo weren't very concerned about online gaming until the Wii U appeared. And now with the Switch.

I was was also blown away with how awesome the Wavebird was,
                            I grabbed quite a few WaveBirds when they cheap. Such a nice controller.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
                              But there's something special about the GameCube / and it's best games still shine brightly.
                              Absolutely. I was playing Metroid Prime last night and it still looks stunning on the Trinitron. Razor sharp. Kudos to the little box of wonders and timeless art design.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
                                Is Black Fire better than Firestorm? Looks like Comanche Overkill from the video I watched.
                                No, Black Down is much better than both and yeah it does play like a poor mans Comanche and for £3 one can't complain too much lol

Comment

Working...
                                X