Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by importaku View Post
    Seems there are a wave of people that passed it up back in the day but now realise the cube was a fantastic machine
    Not me, I think the Cube was the start of Nintendo rot for being a Big player in the console world. Almost every Nintendo game on the Cube seemed a huge step backwards from their amazing N64 output and the lack to imbrace Online just set the patch for Nintendo to be light years behind the rest to this very day.

The OG XBox was such a better system with better games IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
      Not me, I think the Cube was the start of Nintendo rot for being a Big player in the console world. Almost every Nintendo game on the Cube seemed a huge step backwards from their amazing N64 output and the lack to imbrace Online just set the patch for Nintendo to be light years behind the rest to this very day.

The OG XBox was such a better system with better games IMO
      The so-called rot that ended with the Wii? The GC is an amazing system. I literally only have three complaints about it: Giftpia wasn’t localized, no Kirby platformer game (the Wii one started development on the GC), and the power button is located too far back, but that’s only a complaint because of where I’ve put it

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
        That cable was worth £30 the last time I checked. I still love the GameCube design - and have a soft spot for my original purple machine, but use a black one these days. I bought a silver one a while back but don't like silver these days.
        Um, they're Indigo and Platinum ackshully.

I got my DOL-013 and a copy of Resi 4 gratis from JazzFunk because he's an absolute legend.

Comment

Originally posted by Nico87 View Post
          The so-called rot that ended with the Wii? The GC is an amazing system. I literally only have three complaints about it: Giftpia wasn’t localized, no Kirby platformer game (the Wii one started development on the GC), and the power button is located too far back, but that’s only a complaint because of where I’ve put it
          To me the Cube started the trend of Nintendo being behind the comp for tech and Online services, the end of RARE and the end of having amazing launch line up of games on day 1 and worst still for Nintendo games, the Cube felt like a step backwards (for me) with Mario SS not a patch on Mario 64, Zelda games not as good as on the N64, Mario Kart DD an instult to the mighty Mario Kart 64, Wave Race a joke to the N64 version pretty much the same for 1080. Prime was amazing though.

I thought the OG XBox was mighty and the Cube just disappointing, when it should have been the system where NCL embraced the CD medium and the online world

Comment

I guess the 'cube was the last straight up games console - wasn't designed to do anything else. Always loved it & it's nice to see it standing the test of time. All my mates took the p!ss out of it back in its day!

Comment

Originally posted by roachie View Post
              I guess the 'cube was the last straight up games console - wasn't designed to do anything else.
              You'll be pleased to hear the Switch doesn't do anything except play games.

Comment

Xbox was good, I agree. You thinking the N64 had better games than the GC doesn't make them any less good in their own right though. Also I really don't think Mario Kart 64 holds up today. Much rather play Double Dash (or CTR) myself. GC was a quality console in my books, but I'm one of those weirdos that had it as a primary console at the time.

Comment

Thing is nowdays the N64 is totally rank to look at, the games have aged terribly. Im hoping Nintendo choose gameboy over N64 for the next clasic mini console. No amount of HDMI will make those N64 games look good.

Comment

Waverace 64 still looks amazing. Well ,the water does, anyway.

Comment

Thing is nowdays the N64 is totally rank to look at, the games have aged terribly. Im hoping Nintendo choose gameboy over N64 for the next clasic mini console. No amount of HDMI will make those N64 games look good.
                      I think Wave Race 64 & Star Fox 64 still look nice. F-Zero X, despite looking extremely abstract and rough around the edges, still appeals to me. It's just a sad fact that most N64 games looked terrible back in the day, so obviously look incredibly bad these days. I haven't bought an N64 Everdrive because there are only a few games for the system that I enjoy playing.

Originally posted by Marius View Post
                      Waverace 64 still looks amazing. Well ,the water does, anyway.
                      The water effects and physics that make you feel like you're actually battling against the waves, make sure Wave Race is still a joy to play. Some of the graphics look very basic, but the overall look works well. The brilliant music also helps to give the game a magic quality. It's a game I go back to often and really enjoy playing.

I think an N64 Mini with around 20 games could be a good idea. Make sure the graphics look sharp with scanlines, so the infamous 'blurry image' is overcome, and some games, especially Super Mario 64, will still look appealing. I think a lot of people will think most of the games look and feel far too bland though.
                      Last edited by Leon Retro; 04-08-2018, 08:10.

Comment

Must be your set up mate - the n64 looks great on mine. Needs to be rgb’ed though

Free image hosting and sharing service, upload pictures, photo host. Offers integration solutions for uploading images to forums.

Comment

Choosing a static 2D image is hardly representative of what most games look like. The blurry smear filter hiding those low textures combined with low poly models is not a nice look at all.

Comment

Mario Kart 64 is trippy with a good RGB mod. The foreground is blurry and out of focus and the background is pin sharp.

Comment

Yeah a good RGB mod is essential for improved video quality. Night and day really. Also the de-blur filter can be removed. It’s never really bothered me as my image is really sharp, in static shots or in motion.

Comment

Originally posted by roachie View Post
                                I guess the 'cube was the last straight up games console - wasn't designed to do anything else. Always loved it & it's nice to see it standing the test of time. All my mates took the p!ss out of it back in its day!
                                I really don't get that, more so when the PS 2 had far the more games and also the OG XBox. A Mobile phone is no lesser a phone because it can also play music and take photos.

Comment

Working...
                                X