No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never really liked the design of the Super Grafx, especially after the beautiful PC Engine. However, it's growing on me. It almost has a look of the Nostromo about it.

Comment

When I first saw a Super Grafx in an issue of EGM I felt like NEC had insulted my eyeballs... and it wasn’t exactly practical to use with a CD-ROM2 either. The super sleek R has always been my Engine of choice, I’ve had two over the years.

However, the totally bonkers design had started to grow on me and the SuperSDS3 makes things a lot more practical as you don’t have to access the rear So yeah, it’s certainly a unique looking machine and there’s a handful of exclusive games (can’t wait to try Aldynes) making it quite the curiosity... and the ultimate PC Engine.

Although wtf is going on with the tiny recessed PCE/SGX switch on the back? It’s hardly practical... might have to do something about this.

Comment

Originally posted by _SD_ View Post
        When I first saw a Super Grafx in an issue of EGM I felt like NEC had insulted my eyeballs... and it wasn’t exactly practical to use with a CD-ROM2 either.
        I remember thinking it looked like something from a dark sci-fi film, so it appealed to me. Although, I can see why some people disliked the design and thought the original PC Engine design was much nicer.

I'm happy with my white PCE and Core Grafx, so probably won't ever fork out £300+ for a Super Grafx, but if I ever have loads of spare cash I might get my hands on one.

When I get a Super SD System 3, I'll use it with my Core Grafx.

Comment

Japan haul recently all ¥100-¥500 besides Pikmin 2 ¥1,550 and Bio Hazard 3 ¥2000.

Comment

It's not often that I really REALLY like something I've made or done, but this Neo Geo MVS console has made me very happy.

I made a red one a while back, but it was a bit wonky and lacked a power switch, power LED and reset switch. All done on this one though - power button with LED on the front, discreet reset button on the back.

Never again though! I lost track of the number of hours it took to cut the cart slot and controller ports, cramp in hands from using needle files.

Even just managing to line some holes up to secure the cart connector to the case makes me happy :-) Thinking about metal stamping the serial number on the bottom of it next, and/or waterslide decals to label the ports and buttons maybe

Me pleased? Yes

Comment

Really nice work, I liked your red one too but this is really class

Originally posted by mmmonkey View Post
              It's not often that I really REALLY like something I've made or done, but this Neo Geo MVS console has made me very happy.

Me pleased? Yes

Comment

[MENTION=976]mmmonkey[/MENTION] Now that is a very nice looking consolized MVS...

Comment

Originally posted by mmmonkey View Post

Very nice work! What is the MVS logo? A sticker?

Comment

Thanks everyone :-) yep - a sticker from eBay seller 2014_gaews

Comment

Now in full colour:

Nice big feature on Earthbound; oh yes, oh yes, oh yes. Can’t wait to read it cover to cover! Seems to have come on leaps and bounds since the first issue.

Comment

Going to have to go and order that!

Comment

#106 through #109 of my boxed Nintendo 64 collection, arrived in the post this morning.

Comment

Nice complete copy of PS2 Riding Spirits 2 with a minty disc, 50p from Cashies, can't go wrong.

Comment

I loved that game! Riding on the Mountain Street course in low powered single cylinders was great fun! Fun tinkering with the bikes too.

Comment

Nice one, was hoping it'd be good, seen the first game a lot but never bought it, never seen the second game around much before so it was great to see it for so cheap!

Cheap, cheap thrills man! The PS2 had soooooo much goodness, it's insane what got released even in the UK.

Store also had the vanilla MGS3 Snake Eater for 50p as well. Really can't go wrong, I left it for someone else as I have it.

Comment

Working...
                                X