Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
    Ah, The 8Bit Guy. I'm a subscriber of his two channels. The other is 8bit Keys where he fixed up and reviews old armature musical keyboards.
    I only sub to his PC channel really but I'd probably enjoy the other one too. Love watching electrical engineering type channels (like EEVblog and Ben Heck) so his channel is right up my alley even if the tech isn't entirely to my interests.

[MENTION=39]importaku[/MENTION] Voultar is a real smart dude, a solution like that sounds like a great idea. And hey, you'd be able to use that setup to power your way through Boktai too! lol
    Last edited by speedlolita; 17-07-2018, 07:47.

Comment

Lol i never thought about that yeah boktai would finally be playable but i'd worry about the lable getting super faded as thats a lot of uv. But im sure theres a way to protect it.

Cant remember the exact video but it was one where he was repairing a old yellowed pc engine as the power socket trace had lifted. He showed the uv box as he restored the casing.
      Last edited by importaku; 17-07-2018, 07:55.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
        Lol i never thought about that yeah boktai would finally be playable but i'd worry about the lable getting super faded as thats a lot of uv. But im sure theres a way to protect it.
        I remember seeing a UV lamp suggested to play it way back. The sensor faces the same way the screen does so if you positioned a strip above the unit it shouldn't see exposure to the label I believe!
        Last edited by speedlolita; 17-07-2018, 07:58.

Comment

Typically, after posting to say I’ve been quiet on the retro front, something came along and interested me on the marketplace here

Comment

It's amazing how Japanese artists can covey such a sense of movement from in static image. If that Batsugun cover was by a western artist it would more than likely look flat and lifeless.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDeadFreak View Post
              It's amazing how Japanese artists can covey such a sense of movement from in static image. If that Batsugun cover was by a western artist it would more than likely look flat and lifeless.
              Such nice box art. It really makes me want to play the game.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDeadFreak View Post
                Absolutely. I'm putting together the title card to a Future Battle of the Ports at the moment. It's going to be for Air Buster / Aero Blasters. Just take a look at the Japanese art compared to the utter ****e of the American box art. Oh, and my title card

American tripe

Japanese Art

My hack job

Comment

Oddly enough, the manual for my Genesis copy of Air Buster recycles most of the Japanese cover art!

Comment

Have to agree with [MENTION=1524]Yakumo[/MENTION]. SEGA USA box art for the MD and the Saturn was the worst, but for the Dreamcast, they were from the worse to the best with brilliant use of the soruce Japanese art and also full cover scans used on the inside for the disc holder too. SOA Dremcaste cases and artwork was even better than the Japanese DC box art and cases.

Bernie might have messed up with the end of the Saturn, he did a brilliant job getting the launch of the DC though bang on, right down to the game cases and artwork

Comment

They copied what SCEA were doing basically.

Comment

To be fair NEC did it years earlier with the Super CD Rom

Comment

Don't those have a white tray inlay? Bit different, unless later releases changed that.

Edit: Looks like Japanese MCD cases utilised a clear tray in the same way.
                          Last edited by speedlolita; 18-07-2018, 17:22.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                            Don't those have a white tray inlay? Bit different, unless later releases changed that.

Edit: Looks like Japanese MCD cases utilised a clear tray in the same way.
                            I meant more in keeping the jewel case and also a lot of the Japan cases. I used to think the Pal Mega CD and 3D0 cases were the best

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                              and 3D0 cases were the best

The American 3DO cases were crazily huge. I used to take the discs out and put them in a jewel case. I like the Pal 3DO cases.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                                Have to agree with [MENTION=1524]Yakumo[/MENTION]. SEGA USA box art for the MD and the Saturn was the worst, but for the Dreamcast, they were from the worse to the best with brilliant use of the soruce Japanese art and also full cover scans used on the inside for the disc holder too. SOA Dremcaste cases and artwork was even better than the Japanese DC box art and cases.
                                k
                                I actually really dislike the US and PAL Dreamcast covers. I think the cutout of the DC curve looks nasty and the massive blue Dreamcast logo on pal boxes looks extremely school boy art project.

Basically I dislike anything that obscures a great portion of the art. Same with US PlayStation games.

Comment

Working...
                                X