Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Samuray View Post
    .a very nice person sold me this for 170€/200$:
    For a couple of years I had almost given up hope of ever getting this. It's not a flawless copy but I SO don't care.

That's a lot of money for an MCD game, but at least you'll treasure it. I know it's regarded as a great game.
    Last edited by Leon Retro; 17-08-2018, 12:28.

Comment

I'm happy with the Xbox version of this, so I thought I may as well see if it does a good job with the Dreamcast.

The image isn't displayed in a perfect 4:3 frame; it's 1 inch narrower each side, so the black borders are around 6 inches wide each side, rather than 5 inches. I've heard this is because of the VGA resolution of the Dreamcast not being being displayed properly when using an HDMI converter. When using my VGA box straight into the VGA socket, I get a proper 4:3 image.

Maybe the 4:3 problem depends on the TV/screen used? Anyway, the image quality is nice, so I think people wanting a simple way to plug the Dreamcast into HDMI will be happy with how it looks. I did notice that the image is a bit too luminous, with whites looking very strong, so I recommend turning down the contrast a bit. Overall, the image looks very close to how it looks when using a VGA box, with the only problem being the slightly narrower image. But if this is down to the TV, rather than the converter, you might get lucky and have a proper 4:3 image.
      Last edited by Leon Retro; 17-08-2018, 12:24.

Comment

Some of my latest pick ups

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
          Nice box art for Scramble Spirits. Looks like a decent shoot 'em up for a machine that doesn't have many.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
            Nice box art for Scramble Spirits. Looks like a decent shoot 'em up for a machine that doesn't have many.
            Yeah its a lovely little shooter.

Comment

Hey, that was my first AC game as well!
              Had my eye on it before it was announced for a Western release, back when it was called "Animal Forest+". Those NES games in there fascinated me to no end, whch probably was a dark omen for my return into retro gaming many years later.

Meanwhile, I have been immensely lucky....a very nice person sold me this for 170€/200$:

For a couple of years I had almost given up hope of ever getting this. It's not a flawless copy but I SO don't care.

Good to go:

(apologies for the blooming, I only have an iPad for photos)
              I have given up on ever getting this haha. Awesome find mate

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
                I have given up on ever getting this haha. Awesome find mate
                Thanks! And you never know....a friend once saw "Radiant Silvergun" on the flea market. The kicker: He didn't buy it, didn't even ask how much....and he loves shoot'em ups! Probably some lapse of judgment. He is still kicking himself to this day!

By the way, the real star in that second picture of mine is one my cats...nobody found him yet?

Comment

By the way, the real star in that second picture of mine is one my cats...nobody found him yet?
                  Hah, I see him now! Cute

Comment

Originally posted by Nico87 View Post
                    Hah, I see him now! Cute

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                    That's....a lot of "Gundam"!

And nice, "Scramble Spirits"! That's on my want list as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
                      Loads of people have crazy love for that game.
                      I was one of them! My first AC game

I spent ages waiting for a UK release, had enough and got it imported (my only imported game) only to them to suddenly announce 3 months later or something that it was going to get a European release..

Still have it and its save.

Comment

Is that a US import or an Australian import? Interesting Australia got a PAL release about a year before the UK one, which of course worked on our PAL machines.

Though you probably know that, being an AC fan.

Comment

A game from CEX that actually includes the manual and doesn't have a reprinted sleeve! Looking forward to having a crack at Crisis Core.

Also grabbed a cheap £5 TV stand from a local charity shop. I still want to downgrade to a 20" TV/Monitor ideally but for the moment I'd like to keep using the 28" Trinitron without it carving a groove into my carpet.

Comment

but for the moment I'd like to keep using the 28" Trinitron without it carving a groove into my carpet.

Looking at your TV brought back great memories of having the same one between 1991-2000. It served me well throughout the 90s. Then I gave it to my parents and it stopped working soon after.

Also, nice Vader 2600. I have the regular four switch wood effect version. I use it with a Harmony cart because importing American 2600 games would cost me too much. Although, I do have a few boxed 2600 games, such as my favourite Enduro. I just noticed you also have it.
                            Last edited by Leon Retro; 20-08-2018, 06:21.

Comment

Thanks man, it's a good TV, just a bit too bulky! I do seem to have misplaced the remote so might have to buy another one off eBay.

I love the Vader, it's so cool looking. My first console was a jr so maybe I'm just more drawn the black colour scheme American 2600 games are pretty cheap you know, even brand new, it's finding a seller that doesn't charge an arm and a leg with shipping that's the problem.

Comment

it's finding a seller that doesn't charge an arm and a leg with shipping that's the problem.
                                Yeah, that's what put me off. But you can get a good deal with reasonable postage from Canadian sellers. That's where I bought a boxed Enduro from. After exploring the 2600 library a bit, there are around 10 games that I really like so far. Some are bit too dull for my liking.

Comment

Working...
                                X