Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
    I actually really dislike the US and PAL Dreamcast covers. I think the cutout of the DC curve looks nasty and the massive blue Dreamcast logo on pal boxes looks extremely school boy art project.

Basically I dislike anything that obscures a great portion of the art. Same with US PlayStation games.
    The Pal art and cases were horrible. The USA art was brilliant as was the cases and a loved the clear spin and back cover. The USA versions of D2, Virtual Tennis 1 and 2, Grandia II, Madden X, Shenmue were just so much better and I loved the extra artwork on the disc holder. The only JP game/case I thought was better was Space Channel 5.

Comment

This is my pressed Sega World penny from the Troc, had it since 1998...

Comment

A couple of retro (ish) items today. Already posted in the other thread but it's not often i get retro stuff so im posting again, a nice gaudy golden famicom mini to add to the collection and something i have been meaning to get hold of for a while seeing i have gone on enough times about it. Got a new & sealed copy of the fantastic hidden gem known as OH NO on ps1, no way i was paying ebay prices for used copies in unreliable condition when i could get a sealed one for 2000 yen

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
          a nice gaudy golden famicom mini to add to the collection
          That's a really cool machine to own.

Got a new & sealed copy of the fantastic hidden gem known as OH NO on ps1,
          It's a really crazy game that I haven't got around to buying. I might try to find a copy for a decent price.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
            The American 3DO cases were crazily huge. I used to take the discs out and put them in a jewel case. I like the Pal 3DO cases.
            What in the what - ?! Those PAL cases were boring as hell and that "FIFA Soccer" I purchased through mail order as a kid, not knowing that PAL games came in double jewel cases, is an eye-sore on my 3DO shelf!!

Nah, but seriously, I really love those longboxes. 3DO is one of my favorite systems, just for the flair of the hardware and the game boxes alone. Finding those games I still want as US versions is pretty difficult, though....not sure I'll ever succeed.

Anyway, got two more NES games at 8€ apiece:

Also got some "new retro" stuff recently but I'm not sure if that's okay for this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Samuray View Post
              What in the what - ?! Those PAL cases were boring as hell and that "FIFA Soccer" I purchased through mail order as a kid, not knowing that PAL games came in double jewel cases, is an eye-sore on my 3DO shelf!!
              Well, I do have a strange fondness for the American 3DO cases, simply because my 3DO was from America and I bought import games. So I had quite a few of those huge cases lying around empty, because I kept the games in jewel cases.

I even had the big box version of FIFA.

Originally posted by Samuray View Post
              Anyway, got two more NES games at 8€ apiece:

Also got some "new retro" stuff recently but I'm not sure if that's okay for this thread.
              Dr. Mario is a classic. I haven't played 'Kickle Cubible', so I'll either play it on my NES or put it on the NES Mini. 8 Euros for boxed NES games in good condition seems like a good price to me.
              Last edited by Leon Retro; 20-07-2018, 19:18.

Comment

kickle kubickle is a fab game but the later levels get pretty brutal, very fun puzzler. Enjoyed the arcade version but also have it's japanese incarnation on my mini.

Comment

All set up!

Also

Comment

Such a shame EA more or less killed SEGA Sports, WSB 2k2 is incredible

Comment

As someone pointed out recently, for all its faults CEX can be handy ...

... though before they can be fully enjoyed, these items must go through a rigorous decontamination process

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post

Such a shame EA more or less killed SEGA Sports, WSB 2k2 is incredible
                        I remember liking the NBA games. Visual Concepts were a talented bunch.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                          ... though before they can be fully enjoyed, these items must go through a rigorous decontamination process
                          I've spent too much time cleaning old games, consoles, and controllers.
                          But at least the results are always satisfying.

Comment

This turned up over the weekend, 4 inches high and adorable. Has a fully working arcade version of pacman on it hell even the marquee lights up. I love them, need all of them in my life.

So far released there is pacman,ms pacman, galaxian & space invaders. Coming soon is galaga, dig dug & frogger.

Imagine in the 80's if you had pulled one of these out and shown someone their minds would have exploded, oh yeah it also doubles as a keyring.

Comment

This turned up over the weekend, 4 inches high and adorable. Has a fully working arcade version of pacman on it hell even the marquee lights up. I love them, need all of them in my life.
                              I think I'll buy the Ms. Pac-Man machine, seeing I prefer it over standard Pac-Man.

I'd love Robotron and Bomb Jack machines, but obviously they won't make them.

Comment

Picked up a few bits and bats while in Japan.

The model boxes got a little crushed in the suitcase but they should be fine.

A PSP was the main item I wanted to pick up and it took a surprising amount of time to find one. Games were easy enough though and cheap to boot. I did end up buying DJMax Portable 3 twice by mistake and Taiko no Tatsujin Portable 2 actually has the 1st game's UMD in it, I just didn't realise until it was too late Still, there's plenty of rhythm goodness to keep me going and I was actually surprised by just how well they were doing in the arcades, there's tons I hadn't even heard of before this trip and they all had people on them. Made me super jealous.
                                Last edited by Cepp; 23-07-2018, 18:50. Reason: typos

Comment

Working...
                                X