User Tag List

Page 197 of 198 FirstFirst ... 97187195196197198 LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,970 of 1974
    Quote Originally Posted by J0e Musashi View Post
    I’ve always catered for the Saturn. I got that, the PS1 and the Neo•Geo CD all in the space of about five weeks in 1994. Whilst Ridge Racer was something to be marvelled at, I would watch the Virtua Fighter attract sequence over and over.

The Saturn is like an enhanced PC Engine for me. Slightly underground and highly misunderstood. Much like myself.
    Yep spot on. Love the Neo Geo CD too, it's shooters are right up there with the Saturn. Love Last Resort and Pulstar

プレイステーション
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: I3th Racing PSN ID: Mr_Karate
    Ooh Pulstar. I used to really hate it. I found it too slow and lacking gameplay. Mad considering R-Type is one of my favourite games. It’s available on ACA now though. One of my most played games this year. It really is something special. ROCK hard though. Harder than R-Type.

I'm very fond of Pulstar and Viewpoint ... but haven't seen a huge amount of either, despite my best attempts So unforgiving. Never did like Last Resort for some reason ... looked lovely but didn't play well for me.

Garegga is still my fave shooter on the Saturn. Like Silvergun I don't play it 'properly' ... I just love the way it looks and sounds and blasting things into screen-fulls of shrapnel just makes me feel good.

Re: the Virtua Fighter attract sequence I remember going to Dream Machines on my lunch break just after the Japanese Saturn launch to buy one. They had one hooked up to a 14" Sony on the counter and that attract mode was the first thing I saw/heard when I went in. For a game many consider ugly it is rather special, still to this day.

プレイステーション
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: I3th Racing PSN ID: Mr_Karate
    Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    I'm very fond of Pulstar and Viewpoint ... but haven't seen a huge amount of either, despite my best attempts So unforgiving. Never did like Last Resort for some reason ... looked lovely but didn't play well for me.

Garegga is still my fave shooter on the Saturn. Like Silvergun I don't play it 'properly' ... I just love the way it looks and sounds and blasting things into screen-fulls of shrapnel just makes me feel good.

Re: the Virtua Fighter attract sequence I remember going to Dream Machines on my lunch break just after the Japanese Saturn launch to buy one. They had one hooked up to a 14" Sony on the counter and that attract mode was the first thing I saw/heard when I went in. For a game many consider ugly it is rather special, still to this day.
    See Ridge Racer on PS1 didn’t have a “Insert Coin” sound, but VF did. That made it amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by garrz32 View Post
    You guys are starting to make me want one again
    This is becoming a dangerous thread for me too. My Raspberry Pi is starting to look a bit pathetic in comparison to some of the bad boys in the last few posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post

Thats only becasue people compare it to latter PS and Saturn Fighting games. Back in Nov 94 it was the best looking and moving game around, nothing came close, it also sounded amazing (still does) It was a huge step up over the Snes, MD, Neo Geo and 3DO and thats all you want from a launch console game.

Quote Originally Posted by J0e Musashi View Post
    Ooh Pulstar. I used to really hate it. I found it too slow and lacking gameplay. Mad considering R-Type is one of my favourite games. It’s available on ACA now though. One of my most played games this year. It really is something special. ROCK hard though. Harder than R-Type.
    I was talked in the Neo Geo by Lee @ VGI because of my love of the early Saturn shooters and he said I must get a Neo Geo CD too so I did. Love Last Resort and much rather the remix music on the CD version too

Was nice reading the last few pages, felt like the old days and I echo everyone's sentiments about the early days of the Saturn.

As many people know it's my favourite console of all time and I've always got far too many versions of it. If anyone is looking for one give me a shout, I've got Transparents > Sonic Saturn > V-Saturn to Fully modded etc.

Oh you guys..
    I love my Saturn.

Some time next year I'll be releasing my USB->Saturn converter so I'll make sure I give you a shout - it's been fun with the prototypes playing Street Fighter Zero 3 with my modern USB Hori stick.

Thinking back to Virtua Fighter, did anyone prefer Remix to the original? I seem to remember for all the gremlins it fixed it took a couple of things away (light sourcing on Sarah's level iirc and also the trademark sharp polygon look).