Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
    Just scour UK eBay tbh. I rarely import these days, you can find the majority of imports are already available inside the UK.
    Yeah, that's the best thing to do. I always cross my fingers and hope that what I'm after is available in the UK.

Comment

It's not retro(or is it seeing the PS4 Pro is available? ) but some people here have urged me to buy a current gen machine. I decided to dip a toe into modern gaming when I saw this current model Slim PS4 for a very cheap price. It's in mint condition so I'm really happy with it. I didn't want to spend three times as much on a Pro when my TV isn't 4K or HDR. Most games that interest me seem to be made for 1080P anyway.

So far, I've bought the following:

Polybius: I absolutely love this stunning homage to classic arcade games. Everything about it - including the nods to old school systems - is beautiful. Jeff Minter has made me very, very happy.

Nex Machina: A wonderful mix of Robotron, Smash TV, and The Chaos Engine. Another game that proves to me modern games can be really fun.

Gran Turismo Sport: To my eyes, this is a stunning looking game. It's certainly a big step up from the last GT game I played, GT5, with far more realistic lighting and car models that really impress. It also feels great to play, so balances the line between sim and arcade racer perfectly. It's the most fun I've had with a GT game since GT3.

Other games I've bought are Need For Speed Rivals and Driveclub. It's nice how older games are under £10 now. I've also had a copy of Shadow of the Beast waiting to be played for a while now.

Recommendations for other PS4 games that have an arcade, or simply old school vibe are welcomed. Are there any arcade racers available on PSN?
      Last edited by Leon Retro; 10-07-2018, 08:46.

Comment

You knowww: http://bordersdown.net/threads/124075

Also: http://bordersdown.net/threads/125390

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
          [IMG]
          Recommendations for other PS4 games that have an arcade, or simply old school vibe are welcomed. Are there any arcade racers available on PSN?
          Its about time...

Redient Evil 7
          Doom
          Wolfenstein
          Nier
          Yakuza 0
          Dirt 4
          Drive Club
          Uncharted 4
          The rise of Tomb Raider
          SOC

Plus I would get PS+ and enjoy some classics too

Comment

I wanted to post it here, so TA would see it and respond "It's about time!" He's been telling me I'm missing out on modern gaming for a few years now.

But seriously, I didn't know about that other thread.

Also, at least there's a link to retro gaming with Shadow of the Beast. I think it includes the original Amiga version.

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
            Its about time...

Redient Evil 7
            Doom
            Wolfenstein
            Nier
            Yakuza 0
            Dirt 4
            Drive Club
            Uncharted 4
            The rise of Tomb Raider
            SOC

Plus I would get PS+ and enjoy some classics too
            Out of those - I will definitely buy Doom and Dirt 4. Maybe Yakuza 0 if I'm in the mood for that sort of thing.

I have a copy of Driveclub in the post. Only cost me £6 with postage in mint condition. I like the fact that Evolution Studios made it, so it should still be a good looking game. I know the rain effect looks stunning. I'm going to grab the bikes pack for some arcade-style biking action.

Are there any other digital-only games that might be my cup of tea?
            Last edited by Leon Retro; 10-07-2018, 10:21.

Comment

I figured you wouldn't know the other thread tbh lol

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                I figured you wouldn't know the other thread tbh lol
                Well, I'm glad you linked to it. It's certainly full of interesting items to gawp at.

A PS4 Slim isn't really something to show off, but I wanted to people to know that I've finally got a current gen machine. I've been saying for years that I'm not interested, but the low price was too good to resist. Even GT Sport only cost me £10 sealed.

Comment

Had an urge to do a backlit Game Boy Advance...

...really pleased with it, and this is before doing any brightness control mods.

Also did a green backlit (biverted for an extra crisp image) screen on an original DMG01 Game Boy...

Comment

Are there any other digital-only games that might be my cup of tea?
                    Iconoclasts. You can thank me later.

Comment

Originally posted by mmmonkey View Post
                      Had an urge to do a backlit Game Boy Advance...

I bought a backlit original GBA a while back and it has ghosting, so I'm not happy with it. It only cost me £45 though, so I might sell it.

Comment

That GBA looks brill I haven't thought about the original system for a long time and it all came flooding back, the launch, and the massive wtf moment of powering it on and seeing (or not quite seeing) that screen. How on earth did it ever get released? I think it was my most disappointing hw launch ever.

Comment

I bought a backlit original GBA a while back and it has ghosting, so I'm not happy with it. It only cost me £45 though, so I might sell it.
                          Get someone to replace the screen with one of the newer Chinese ones. I just had the same done, and thus no more ghosting (and better colour saturation, too).

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                            Get someone to replace the screen with one of the newer Chinese ones. I just had the same done, and thus no more ghosting (and better colour saturation, too).
                            Do you know someone who could do this? I'd be happy to pay for parts and labour. Sounds like the new screens are much better.

Comment

Do you know someone who could do this? I'd be happy to pay for parts and labour. Sounds like the new screens are much better.
                              Yes. I'm busy right now but I'll PM you the contact later.

Comment

I have been hammering the cps 1/2/3 fighters and absolutely loving alien vs predator. Good spell with powerstone too

Going to get the consolized hyper 64 out later for a spot of fighting action too

Comment

Working...
                                X