User Tag List

Page 124 of 124 FirstFirst ... 24114122123124
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 1240
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakumo View Post
    I actually really dislike the US and PAL Dreamcast covers. I think the cutout of the DC curve looks nasty and the massive blue Dreamcast logo on pal boxes looks extremely school boy art project.

Basically I dislike anything that obscures a great portion of the art. Same with US PlayStation games.
    The Pal art and cases were horrible. The USA art was brilliant as was the cases and a loved the clear spin and back cover. The USA versions of D2, Virtual Tennis 1 and 2, Grandia II, Madden X, Shenmue were just so much better and I loved the extra artwork on the disc holder. The only JP game/case I thought was better was Space Channel 5.

This is my pressed Sega World penny from the Troc, had it since 1998...

A couple of retro (ish) items today. Already posted in the other thread but it's not often i get retro stuff so im posting again, a nice gaudy golden famicom mini to add to the collection and something i have been meaning to get hold of for a while seeing i have gone on enough times about it. Got a new & sealed copy of the fantastic hidden gem known as OH NO on ps1, no way i was paying ebay prices for used copies in unreliable condition when i could get a sealed one for 2000 yen

Quote Originally Posted by importaku View Post
    a nice gaudy golden famicom mini to add to the collection
    That's a really cool machine to own.

Quote Originally Posted by importaku View Post
    Got a new & sealed copy of the fantastic hidden gem known as OH NO on ps1,
    It's a really crazy game that I haven't got around to buying. I might try to find a copy for a decent price.

Quote Originally Posted by Leon Retro View Post
    The American 3DO cases were crazily huge. I used to take the discs out and put them in a jewel case. I like the Pal 3DO cases.
    What in the what - ?! Those PAL cases were boring as hell and that "FIFA Soccer" I purchased through mail order as a kid, not knowing that PAL games came in double jewel cases, is an eye-sore on my 3DO shelf!!

Nah, but seriously, I really love those longboxes. 3DO is one of my favorite systems, just for the flair of the hardware and the game boxes alone. Finding those games I still want as US versions is pretty difficult, though....not sure I'll ever succeed.

Anyway, got two more NES games at 8 apiece:

Also got some "new retro" stuff recently but I'm not sure if that's okay for this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Samuray View Post
    What in the what - ?! Those PAL cases were boring as hell and that "FIFA Soccer" I purchased through mail order as a kid, not knowing that PAL games came in double jewel cases, is an eye-sore on my 3DO shelf!!
    Well, I do have a strange fondness for the American 3DO cases, simply because my 3DO was from America and I bought import games. So I had quite a few of those huge cases lying around empty, because I kept the games in jewel cases.

I even had the big box version of FIFA.

Quote Originally Posted by Samuray View Post
    Anyway, got two more NES games at 8€ apiece:

Also got some "new retro" stuff recently but I'm not sure if that's okay for this thread.
    Dr. Mario is a classic. I haven't played 'Kickle Cubible', so I'll either play it on my NES or put it on the NES Mini. 8 Euros for boxed NES games in good condition seems like a good price to me.
    Last edited by Leon Retro; Yesterday at 07:18 PM.

kickle kubickle is a fab game but the later levels get pretty brutal, very fun puzzler. Enjoyed the arcade version but also have it's japanese incarnation on my mini.

Such a shame EA more or less killed SEGA Sports, WSB 2k2 is incredible

As someone pointed out recently, for all its faults CEX can be handy ...

... though before they can be fully enjoyed, these items must go through a rigorous decontamination process