No announcement yet.

Where do people get their news?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not trying to be rude, but if somebody said to my face "I get all my news from DavidIcke.com" I'd say "Okaaaaaay..."

Comment

Originally posted by Solar View Post

For real news, if such a thing exists, I browse Davidicke.com
      Hahaha this is amazing.

Comment

when was the last time you actually visited it? Like I said, the news page is just headlines from all other publishers, the BBC, The Guardian, The independent, etc.
        They pick the important headlines and link them all on one page so you don't have to go through several different sites or stupid celebrity gossip to find the important stuff. Take a look for yourself.
        There are no conspiracies, no lizards, or any DI theories, in fact, he doesn't even maintain the site at all. It's just his name.
        So laugh all you want, it's just the same news stories that you lot are reading, all on one page.

Comment

Originally posted by Solar
          There are no conspiracies, no lizards, or any DI theories
          I just went there now. First article that caught my eye was one about transgender kids, clicked through and it's got tags like "Political Correctness" and even "Political Manipulation", with a headline image that has a quote from the man himself...

When something comes out of nowhere and is suddenly everywhere - it's the agenda - David Icke

Comment

Wow, just followed Solar's link. Was not prepared. I think it's saying something about what sites like that can achieve that you can link to it while making the case that it's just linking important headlines. That is not a healthy site. I guess you get your news where you want and go with what's right for you but, as someone who just went there for the first time, I don't think it does what you think it does.

Comment

Edit: I'm not going to bother with this topic anymore because it will end up in a bad way.
              From the first 2 replies it's quite clear that I'm being, or going to be judged here.
              It's the first time I've came across that kind of attitude on this site since joining 13 years ago, and for what? because I read the same news as you, but from a controversial website?
              So I'm not going to bother defending it, think what you like. I believed the people here were better than that.
              but I thank DT for actually saying some thing constructive
              Last edited by Solar; 04-04-2019, 12:38.

Comment

This whole discussion reminds me of what I've always believed Icke does. He talks about all this crazy lizard stuff juxtaposed with fringe, but reasonable ideas - therefore making them seem more reasonable, causing people to listen.

It's like the old Monster Raving Loony Party. They would have all these bizarre policies and crazy ideas, but between the madcap antics would be policies which sounded like jokes but were actually quite reasonable. The classic example was "passports for pets", allowing people to apply for a passport for their dog etc. to cut down on the paperwork required to travel with them to other countries.

Comment

And thank you DT for actually saying some thing constructive
                  Well maybe I wasn't even as constructive as I should have been. Admittedly what I wrote was a very quick reaction without much thought. The point of the thread was to find out where people get their news and you and a lot of other people answered it and that probably shouldn't have been jumped on. My apologies. It's a source I wouldn't have considered and I guess you've thrown it into the mix for people to consider, which they can now do. I wouldn't want it to taint your view of the forum as a whole.

Comment

Stopped watching/reading the news about 10 years ago and feel much happier for it. It corrupts us with an overwhelming sense of importance of our own era and concerns; and it conditions our view of reality by insisting what is important and what is unimportant and so, far from expanding our understanding of the world, it only distorts and limits it. Furthermore, and this should be obvious to everyone, it's the news' (ie those who work in news) job to make the news seem important, they want us to be scared and agitated and concerned cos that way we keep coming back for more and so it keeps them in a job.

I'd only watch the news if it was like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1E_UtG0nDq4

Comment

Edit: I'm not going to bother with this topic anymore because it will end up in a bad way.
                      From the first 2 replies it's quite clear that I'm being, or going to be judged here.
                      It's the first time I've came across that kind of attitude on this site since joining 13 years ago, and for what? because I read the same news as you, but from a controversial website?
                      So I'm not going to bother defending it, think what you like. I believed the people here were better than that.
                      but I thank DT for actually saying some thing constructive
                      People here ain't better than that. I was judged here for my choice of potato crisp. Another fella said I was dead inside for not like a particular movie. I thought he was joking but he backed it up with a second post saying I was joyless. I wonder if the UN, when they measure happiness in different countries, show that same movie?

Folk like to judge. And label. I reckon it's because they fear uncertainty and so they lie to themselves by categorising everything. That's guy's posh. That's fella's shady. That guy's smart. That girl's temperamental. It's all an attempt to hide from our ignorance. I say embrace ignorance. It's the only thing that's real.

Comment

Ars Technica. Basically the last place on earth where factual information is published.

Comment

Also it’s an excuse to say Ars.

Comment

Gaming and entertainment I mostly live on Twitter now, no other place gets information to you quicker.

By the time someone has written an article the devs have tweeted out the relevant information and trailer out, same with movies or shows, take a look at the Joker trailer that was all over twitter yesterday within minutes.

Comment

The whole shapeshifting lizard people thing is down to Arizona Wilder, who really is absolutely crackers. If you ignore all that nonsense then Icke does make a lot of sense on certain topics. And that’s where I’m going to leave it.

Comment

Just the Guardian and Twitter. I used to use the BBC as well but stopped a number of years ago now.

Comment

Working...
                                X