Show us your game related objects 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
    Have you actually played Sonic Mania? It's only the best 2D platformer of last year and quite possibly this year too iw that it's been refined.
    Sega burned through all their good will with me, i'll no longer touch a sonic game. Been burned too many times to care about that franchise anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
      Sega burned through all their good will with me, i'll no longer touch a sonic game. Been burned too many times to care about that franchise anymore.
      He's right though. I personally think it's on par with Sonic 3 & Knuckles, probably better now with the recent update.

It's the best thing to ever happen to the franchise.

Comment

Is that a reversible slip cover to make it look like a Mega Drive game?

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
          Is that a reversible slip cover to make it look like a Mega Drive game?
          Yes, game looks amazing on the One X too

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
            Surely no better than on any other platform.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
              Surely no better than on any other platform.
              I have the original SE on the PS4 and the CRT filter looks better on the One X

Comment

This turned up over the weekend, 4 inches high and adorable. Has a fully working arcade version of pacman on it hell even the marquee lights up. I love them, need all of them in my life.

So far released there is pacman,ms pacman, galaxian & space invaders. Coming soon is galaga, dig dug & frogger.

Imagine in the 80's if you had pulled one of these out and shown someone their minds would have exploded, oh yeah it also doubles as a keyring.

Last edited by importaku; 22-07-2018, 11:34.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                  This turned up over the weekend, 4 inches high and adorable. Has a fully working arcade version of pacman on it hell even the marquee lights up. I love them, need all of them in my life.

So far released there is pacman,ms pacman, galaxian & space invaders. Coming soon is galaga, dig dug & frogger.

Imagine in the 80's if you had pulled one of these out and shown someone their minds would have exploded, oh yeah it also doubles as a keyring.

Can it be modded to play other games? Is it just a raspberry pi type board inside?

Comment

No its not like the raspberry pie ones it isnt hackable in that way to add totally new games in. The board inside does however contain the first 4 games from the first wave i guess it was easier at the factory to use the same board for all models just change what displays with a jumper setting, if you install a 4 way switch you can get one arcade to play all 4 games but half the fun is having the art.

Comment

Was going to mention that but it looks like you already know! Ben Heck took one apart recently.

Comment

One mod i am tempted to do is make up some bezel artwork and print it to sticker paper so they look complete. They already look fantastic as is but that would make them even nicer, not sure i could make the control panel overlay work but the bezel is doable.

Comment

I have the original SE on the PS4 and the CRT filter looks better on the One X
                          Right. That could be down to the PS4 version outputting at 1080p. It's a 240p game so the lines won't fit precisely into that resolution, made especially apparent when scan lines are drawn in. 720p should look spot-on (as would 1440p and 4K).

Glad you're using the CRT filter anyway. It's by far the best example of the effect I've seen outside of RetroArch. I wish Capcom would have used something similar with the Street Fighter collection they just put out.

Comment

I ordered that and Shining Resonance German Steel Box edition arrived yesterday but I can't play either as I had to send my Xbox One X back to Microsoft. The optical drive is playing up. It will play CDs, DVD, Xbox games, and 360 games but it won't play BluRay, UHD BluRay or Xbox One games. Obviously something wrong with the BluRay laser.
                            To Microsoft's credit they sent someone to pick it up free of charge and will have the console back to me with new drive within a week. Or so they said.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                              Can it be modded to play other games? Is it just a raspberry pi type board inside?
                              I don't think you can add extra ROMs, but you can unlock all four games using this simple hack. Pac-Man hates this!

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                                I ordered that and Shining Resonance German Steel Box edition
                                Why German? Don't their giant USK logos bother you?

Comment

Working...
                                X