• Show
Clear All

Currently updating firmware.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post

Currently updating firmware.
      Rez and RE7 are must's

Comment

I can't afford to drop 500 to harass children in VRChat, as much as I'd like to.

Comment

Not impressed with the resolution or FOV*. I am however VERY impressed with room scale. Total game changer.

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
          Rez and RE7 are must's
          Rez, of course. No VR for Resi7 yet though unfortunately. Oculus officially want it to happen so we might just have to wait.

*Not really set anything up properly yet.
          Last edited by dataDave; 18-01-2019, 09:59.

Comment

Comment

Why did you buy Air combat 7 for both Xbox One and PS4?

Comment

At a guess because the Xbox One X has a better version of Elite D which the HOTAS can also be used with, but [MENTION=3542]Team Andromeda[/MENTION] wants to try PSVR on the PS4 version of AC7.

Comment

That's pretty sick. I'm wel jel.

I've been wanting to try Elite with a HOTAS for a while. Now that Ace Combat supports it too, maybe I can justify the outlay....

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                    Why did you buy Air combat 7 for both Xbox One and PS4?
                    I rather play all 3rd party games on the Xbox One X and bought that version myself and my partner pre-ordered me the PS4 VR version for Christmas.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                      That's pretty sick. I'm wel jel.

I've been wanting to try Elite with a HOTAS for a while. Now that Ace Combat supports it too, maybe I can justify the outlay....
                      Elite is something else with the Hotas stick. I was lucky enough to get the stick with an Argos deal on its eBay store (no longer available sadly)

Comment

Elite is something else with the Hotas stick. I was lucky enough to get the stick with an Argos deal on its eBay store (no longer available sadly)
                        PC player, but agreed the T-Flight does transform the Elite D experience not that it's bad on a controller but just makes it more immersive. I would imagine PCVR does the same again. A while ago now I picked up a T.Flight (was around £40 for the PS3/PC version) and although a little bit creaky and not enough buttons it's a good stick and starting point. I particularly like having the rudder (yaw) controls on the twist stick.

I then went all in and purchased the CH Products Fighterstick and Pro Throttle which is truly a step up. But unfortunately without pedals always felt neutered. And in some ways I preferred the T.Flight setup. There's more options now (specifically the T1600 HOTAS on PC) and I did make a good return on the CH Products stuff when I sold them on.

A HOTAS does definitely improve the experience.

Comment

Pedals for flight simulations are nice, but they require a lot to get used to. They are a must for proper simulations (like DCS World) to perform coordinated turns, but in less simulative games the extra dexterity required to manage HOTAS and pedals at the same time is detrimental.
                          On the other hand, once you are used to the HOTAS+pedals combo you'll never go back. I've also always hated HOTAS with twist sticks, especially those without locks. I do remember Logitech's X-52 had it, but more recent HOTAS from other firms didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
                            Pedals for flight simulations are nice, but they require a lot to get used to. They are a must for proper simulations (like DCS World) to perform coordinated turns, but in less simulative games the extra dexterity required to manage HOTAS and pedals at the same time is detrimental.
                            On the other hand, once you are used to the HOTAS+pedals combo you'll never go back. I've also always hated HOTAS with twist sticks, especially those without locks. I do remember Logitech's X-52 had it, but more recent HOTAS from other firms didn't.
                            Yea, the hardcore sim sticks like the Warthog and Fighterstick don't have twist sticks for a reason. That said as a non-hardcore sim player I found turning the stick quite intuitive for Elite D. I've played DCS only a bit with the Fighterstick and struggled to even keep the Sukhoi 25 in the air at times.

Comment

Originally posted by Digfox View Post
                              PC player, but agreed the T-Flight does transform the Elite D experience not that it's bad on a controller but just makes it more immersive. I would imagine PCVR does the same again. A while ago now I picked up a T.Flight (was around £40 for the PS3/PC version) and although a little bit creaky and not enough buttons it's a good stick and starting point. I particularly like having the rudder (yaw) controls on the twist stick. .
                              I haven't bothered with a flight stick since F-22: Air Dominance Fighter on the PC years back. But I saw the deal for this and I'm so glad I got it. Its like Elite was developed for this stick and just make what is a brilliant game, even better.

I'm half tempted to buy the peddles now lol

Comment

Don't say that. I've spent enough on VR already... The last thing I can be doing is investing in a stick for ED or a wheel for Project Cars.

Comment

Working...
                                X