Mary Poppins 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mary Poppins 2

Disney is getting its “Into the Woods” team to reunite for a sequel to the classic family musical feature “Mary Poppins”. Rob Marshall will direct and both John DeLuca and Marc Platt will produce the new film which will be set in London twenty years after the first film. The new film will take storylines […]

No. No it's not an incredibly poorly timed April Fools joke. Apparently Disney's mad dash to adapt anything and everything it can into a higher and higher volume of live action films now extends to even it's own live action catalogue and the studio is setting about work on a sequel to the Julie Andrews classic.

The new film will once again return to the home of the Banks family, only this time twenty years after the events of the original film. The team developing the film is the one behind recent musical Disney film, Into the Woods.

I actually let out a burst of laughter in my office when I saw this thread title. I love that they're setting it 20 years later, like a lot of too-late-sequels do, to account for the ageing of the stars. Except the original Mary Poppins was 51 years ago, not 20! I'm amazed to learn that Julie Andrews and Dick Van Dyke still aren't dead yet though. Are they going to be in it? I can only assume they will have contracted some super-ageing disease in the story, to account for their massive age increase over just 20 years.

Please stop all this bollocks, Hollywood, it's getting desperate and pathetic. We love you and we want what's best for you. (We don't, we hate you).

Comment

I do believe this thread is the perfect place to leave this...

[hide][/hide]

Comment

Now that's more like it. A Weird Al movie is a much better idea than a magical babysitter.

Comment

Be interested to see how Disney work this one out.

Comment

It’s official, Emily Blunt has entered talks to take over the role made famous by Julie Andrews in the upcoming sequel to “Mary Poppins” at Walt Disney Pictures. “Into the Woods” director Rob Marshall is helming the new film based on the series of children’s books by P.L. Travers along with the famous 1964 film […]

Emily Blunt is now in talks to take on the main role

Comment

First teaser

Opens well but as it goes on its drifts into a more modernised look and started to lose me

Comment

Mary Poppins 2: Poppin' a Cap in Your Ass

Comment

MARY POPP-THE-GLOCK-INS starring Emily BluntZ

A toke of weed helps the medicine go down, B***H

CHOKE ON IT YOU M************

YEEEAH, DASS RIGHT EVERY DROP JUST LIKE YO MAMA LAST NIGHT

Comment

Reminds me of this (Radio clip)

Zombie Poppins

Comment

Oh **** off!!

Except, Lin Manuel Miranda...hmm...maybe it might be okay.

Comment

Looks... pretty naff?
                        It turns out for me that Blunt... actually doesn't channel Julie Andrews at all, she sounds way off in an odd way considering she actually is british as well. The film? Some bits look okay done but the colour grading is bizarre and so-so much of it looks like a rehash of the original making its place as a sequel grate. The only bit to bring a real smile was seeing Van Dyke in action again.

Comment

Working...
                        X