King of fighters XIV coming to ps4 to japan in january

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Asura View Post
    Well, if it's good, it'll be SNK's first particularly good 3D game. Can anyone name a previous one? I thought the two KoF:MI games were poor, Fatal Fury Wild Ambition wasn't great, Koudelka wasn't a rip-roaring success...
    Buriki One is one of the finest 3-D fighting games ever made. Sadly never ported beyond the Hyper hardware.
    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Seems the Jan date originated from Destructoid as a bit of misreporting and the game is purely TBC 2016. It's good that they'll have much more time to do a proper job of it but still a poor reveal. Hopefully it gets an SFV spruce and polish as it goes. I'll miss the 2D art but they really need this to work to keep going. Hopefully we'd eventually get a proper Showdown and Metal Slug set of sequels too

Comment

King of Fighters 14 - PSX 2015 Trailer - PS4 - Playstation Experience 2015►Twitter : https://twitter.com/Xcagegame►Future Walkthroughs / Gameplays: http://go...

New trailer and confirmed for PS4 only

Comment

Starting to look a lot better, and 50 characters!

Comment

That cheered me up hearing that as well. If they can continue improving the game's appearance and put that number of characters in the roster, I think we could have a decent rival to SFV (I'm aware it doesn't look as nice but looks are only part of the whole package).

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
              That cheered me up hearing that as well. If they can continue improving the game's appearance and put that number of characters in the roster, I think we could have a decent rival to SFV (I'm aware it doesn't look as nice but looks are only part of the whole package).
              Yeah, with a roster like that, balance is going to be the killer.

It needs to have good-quality netcode and multiplayer lobbies too. You need both of those things.

Comment

Doesn't look any different to the 1st trailer in my eyes, so still rubbish art and animation. The animation looks poor like they've traced over the key frames from 12/13 which works fine for a 2D game like the old KoFs but looks rubbish in 3D. However the news of 50 characters does give me hope we'll see Vanessa, (my 2nd fav being Angel appearing in the trailer)

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                  Yeah, with a roster like that, balance is going to be the killer.

It needs to have good-quality netcode and multiplayer lobbies too. You need both of those things.
                  Nobody plays KoF. lol

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
                      Doesn't look any different to the 1st trailer in my eyes, so still rubbish art and animation. The animation looks poor like they've traced over the key frames from 12/13 which works fine for a 2D game like the old KoFs but looks rubbish in 3D. However the news of 50 characters does give me hope we'll see Vanessa, (my 2nd fav being Angel appearing in the trailer)
                      I don't think it's changed much from the first trailer either, still looks graphically poor. I think the animations look ok though and importantly the gameplay looks like it flows well too. Now it seems there not restricted as they were before when it comes to the number of characters and their movesets.

Comment

Comment

Here is a much better match

Comment

All things considered I don't think this will improve visually much more, possibly hence the abundance of fighters to compensate. I'm not expecting a series best from this but the matches look like they might play well. This would do well to arrive in the summer, long enough after SF5 to avoid competition but soon enough to fill the needs of those looking for more of the similar and without risk of dying in the Autumn stampede. I can see me picking this up.

Comment

All it needs for me to buy it is Jae Hoon to be on the roster. Won't happen though.

Comment

The fighting looks fine but ive never been a fan of the arena based KOF Bg's, quite bland...and the character portraits are awful!
                                Last edited by Baseley09; 08-12-2015, 13:32.

Comment

Working...
                                X