Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

King of fighters XIV coming to ps4 to japan in january

Ahh noo looks like they have gone the 3d route
    Last edited by eastyy; 15-09-2015, 07:39.

Hmm. It's interesting that the 3D rumours panned out and I'm assuming it's 3D in the same way SF is. I've been wondering about this one for a long while but to be honest the quick window from reveal to release and budget look worry me. They totally should have picked a unique art style too to stand out or at the least copy what Guilty Gear has done so effectively. I'm curious but cautious.

Comment

Ooof that looks awful. What a shame.

Comment

Is that actual game footage or FMV from 10 years ago? It doesn't look like game footage. Maybe it's just mockup stuff for the trailer?

Comment

It's early days - let's wait and see how this pans out. I'm putting 3D scepticism aside for now; they get a vote of good faith from me after XIII.

Comment

I'm with the man above, I thought XIII was excellent so remain hopeful.

Comment

Getting bad vibes of KoF: Maximum Impact from that trailer.

Comment

I would have been more hopeful if it was a year or two away ...but 4 months is not that long at all

Comment

Apparently the release date is January 21st so I'd imagine the visuals won't change much. Maybe it's going to be a bit like XII and be more focused on establishing the gameplay mechanics and balancing ahead of a more polished and feature heavy XV

Comment

Well, if it's good, it'll be SNK's first particularly good 3D game. Can anyone name a previous one? I thought the two KoF:MI games were poor, Fatal Fury Wild Ambition wasn't great, Koudelka wasn't a rip-roaring success...

Comment

Just checked the official website and i do not see a exact release date just 2016 so dunno if january is right.

I actually did not mind maximum impact but to me they were not Kof games

Comment

I really liked KOF XIII and thought it was one of the best fighters of the last generation so will hope this will actually turn out good. It looks pretty awful in that trailer though. Looks a lot like Maximum Impact with PS2 quality graphics and robotic animations but not much to go on yet. Hopefully it's coming out in late 2016 and not January.
                        HD trailer
                        KOF has been revamped with brand new high-quality 3D visuals, however staying true to its gameplay roots! Evolved to the next generation, KOF returns in a br...

Was there any chance they could have just kept KOF XIII's graphics with all the new stuff and then released this as a budget title?

For 3d style KOF I do quite like the look of the Chinese copy Xuan Dou Zhi Wang (King of Combat) which actually managed to get real SNK characters.
                        Get at me on my blog, Facebook and Twitterhttp://TripleDaGod.blogspot.comhttp://tinyurl.com/TripleDaGodhttp://twitter.com/ReXXXSoprano

Comment

They should have done what Arc did with Guilty Gear Xrd in terms of 2D with 3D models.

This looks gash.

Comment

It's a ten-second teaser. No gameplay has been seen. How anyone can write this off already is beyond me.
                            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                              It's a ten-second teaser. No gameplay has been seen. How anyone can write this off already is beyond me.
                              ... the purpose of which is to get us interested and excited about the game.

No-one's said the game's ****; we've just been saying that the teaser hasn't done its job.

Comment

Working...
                              X