User Tag List

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Quote Originally Posted by Wools View Post
    For anyone interested in Mega Drive audio and soundtracks, I've just come across this guy who has recorded direct audio from a Mega Drive and the clarity and quality is mind blowing.
    I grabbed the Bio-Hazard Battle FLAC and it's great quality. Some of my favourite MD tunes.

I'll be downloading a lot more. Thanks for the link, Wools

No worries, the difference in audio quality is stunning isn't it?

No worries, the difference in audio quality is stunning isn't it?
    Sounds like a professional studio recording.

It frustrates me sometimes that a large part of gaming heritage is falling into the ocean as the years roll on, and audio is a great example.

A lot of old music was not on disc but played directly through hardware and is the audio is not ripped from that hardware as intended, the difference is noticeable. I love this blokes dedication.

"You know what I hate? When I want to listen to my favorite genesis tunes, and the only things available are low bitrate rips off of emulators, uploaded to youtube, with a tacky filter applied.
    Not long ago, I put out a full real hardware recording of the Wiz 'n' Liz soundtrack, and it was pretty well liked. I decided I would do more soundtrack recordings off of my Mega Amp modded model 2. I'll periodically update the list with more. If you have requests of games you would like OST recordings of, let me know and I'll see what I can do. All of the downloads are either from my personal google drive, or the new MEGA file host. I don't use MEGA too often, so hopefully the download links all work fine. You will need a modern browser to use the MEGA site, however.

The hardware
    North American model 2 (VA2.3 with discrete YM2612)
    Unfiltered MegaAmp
    The audio was recorded at 96kHz from my motherboardís (Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3) audio input. I donít have a dedicated sound card, but built in audio is quite good.

The rips
    Audio rips are available in both 320kbps 48kHz MP3 and lossless 96kHz FLAC. I tried to get the best quality I good, but analog recording isn't always perfect.
    I targeted a runtime of about 2 minutes for each track unless they ended automatically or were very short loops. I made each track fade out smoothly, but didnít use filters, or any other effects unless necessary.
    The tracks are named as they appear in the sound test unless I know for certain what theyíre called. I wonít be doing all the little sound effects, just the music and other short tunes."

I made each track fade out smoothly, but didn’t use filters, or any other effects unless necessary.
    The tracks are named as they appear in the sound test unless I know for certain what they’re called. I won’t be doing all the little sound effects, just the music and other short tunes."
    I salute his dedication.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BWpmNU1HIjQ/

I've been revisiting The House of the Dead Overkill. I really do like this one.