No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 2: REmake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The sound design, lighting and atmosphere in the RE2 remake is top-notch. I'm not sure if I'll be able to play the whole of Claire's scenario in the dark as my eyes feel quite drained today. The police station is suitably creepy though and that's how it should be. At least we now have an RE title with a 3rd-person view that retains the horror and tension.

Comment

So I crumbled like a house of cards and bought it. I'll have to wait till later to give it a go. I was hoping to finish resi7 before I started this, but screw it, I can play both.

Comment

Anyone bothered with the original soundtrack swap out DLC?

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
          I really like the original soundtrack but I think it's unfair you have to buy it separately. And is it mastered for Dolby Atmos like the main s/t?

Comment

Yeah, it (and all the the costumes) should really have been unlockables.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                I really like the original soundtrack but I think it's unfair you have to buy it separately. And is it mastered for Dolby Atmos like the main s/t?
                Yeah, paying for it is BS. Back in the day that would have been a standard option.

Comment

It sounds almost as bad as them charging for alternate colours in SF3 Online - charging for palette swaps.

I'm sure this is a little bit more involved than that, but still.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                    I have it, but it doesn't work that well for the remake since the new music is more dynamic and so fits better the new action on screen and sounds far better in Dolby Atmos

Comment

My one gripe is the lack of music actually. It’s there, but it’s either very quiet, or very sparsely played.

I’ve bought the extra DLC pack with the soundtrack swap, I’ll be trying it on my next run.

Comment

Originally posted by MrKirov View Post
                        I’ve bought the extra DLC pack with the soundtrack swap, I’ll be trying it on my next run.
                        I checked out some of those extra costumes. I'll wait until they appear in a sale before I purchase them (there are some unlockable costumes in the game though and tbh the DLC so far is only aesthetic content which is a relief).

Now if you could make Mr.X look like his 1998 self as he's stalking you around the RPD that would be a riot

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                          I checked out some of those extra costumes. I'll wait until they appear in a sale before I purchase them (there are some unlockable costumes in the game though and tbh the DLC so far is only aesthetic content which is a relief).

Now if you could make Mr.X look like his 1998 self as he's stalking you around the RPD that would be a riot
                          They’ve announced free dlc for the ps1 models being put into the game, I’m sure they will change that for him too- I wouldn’t be surprised!

They’ve also announced Ghost Sirvivors to be on 15th Feb for free- play as Robert Kendo, the mayors daughter and a USS soldier in their own campaigns. Cap.GOD.

Comment

Originally posted by MrKirov View Post
                            My one gripe is the lack of music actually. It’s there, but it’s either very quiet, or very sparsely played.

That soundtrack was so good. It really added to the tension and atmosphere. I still remember the sense of dread you get from the music when you get to the basement and can hear those dogs pacing. Disappointing to hear there's a lack of music.

Comment

I hope this is official DLC: https://twitter.com/BrianKiddsMate/s...61092832378880

Comment

LOOL now thats dlc id buy, i love how it fades as you get further away lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X