No announcement yet.

Little Things that Bring a Smile to Your Face 5: Rainbow Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

£1400 is getting on for Miele prices... my John Lewis branded washer/dryer was £650. Have to say they’re worth the money though, I gave my old JL washer/dryer to my mate when I had to evacuate the previous house and it’s still going after 10 years without a single problem. He had the fridge freezer too and that’s a good 8 years old. The condenser broke after 11 months, it was fixed next day and there’s never been a problem since.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
      £1400 for a washing machine? I think my Zanussi was about £175. Japan sounds surprisingly expensive for that stuff.
      But he got £200 off!

(filling in for QC while he's out)

You're all doing it wrong anyway:

Comment

£1400 to stop his wife moaning at him?

Bargain!

Comment

Found my house keys!

Comment

Originally posted by Blobcat View Post
            Found my house keys!
            Where? (the more embarrassing the better!)

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
              £1400 to stop his wife moaning at him?

Bargain!
              We pay half for everything, so I paid £700 to stop her moaning and she paid £700 to get her dream washing machine

In fact, I'm the one who convinced her to splooge a bit more. It has wi-fi and a touchscreen, ffs. And a heat pompu.

A HEAT POMPU!

Comment

I love how everything sparkles in Japanese ads

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                  We pay half for everything, so I paid £700 to stop her moaning and she paid £700 to get her dream washing machine
                  Win/win, mate!

Don't know why you need an app to do the washing, though.
                  Just text the wife "Get the washing done ASAP and if my dinner isn't waiting for me when I get home, so help me..."

SMILE:
                  I went to CEX in Folkestone to get a wired 360 pad because my 360 keeps dropping connection to the wireless ones.
                  They only had a lurid purple or pink one, chose the purple, cleaned it and found the triggers didn't work.
                  Took it to my local CEX and they swapped it out for a pad they had.
                  Plugged it in and it worked fine, but...

Jumping jillikers it's bright!
                  I quite like it, but it's like I'm playing a game and being interrogated at the same time!

Comment

Not back at work until next Tuesday.

Time to apply for jobs and pray for interviews.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
                      Where? (the more embarrassing the better!)
                      Urgh, it was lucky I found them.

So as most people in the UK having to remember to bring shopping bags, we have accumulated loads of reusable bags, like, a mountain of them as the odd occasion we forget and buy more for the big shop. So we have a pile of them next to our recycling near the kitchen and we use them for camping/ moving/ donating to charity (mostly the latter).

Decided to chuck/ donate a load and as I am folding the few that had not been sorted flat I found the keys at the bottom of one with a long receipt practically wrapped around it. I must have dropped them in a bag of shopping as I unlocked the door or it may have fallen off the shelf above into it.

I know the bloke has randomly thrown some bags away without looking in the past which I suspect is where my work keys went (I use one of the bags for my scrubs/ work uniform).

Will try and get rid of most of them this evening but now will have to go through them all to check just to check my work ones are definitely not there
                      Last edited by Blobcat; 20-08-2018, 10:13.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                        Not back at work until next Tuesday.

Time to apply for jobs and pray for interviews.
                        Good luck mate!

Still gutted that I got rejected for being too "senior".

Comment

Originally posted by Blobcat View Post
                          I know the bloke has randomly thrown some bags away without looking in the past which I suspect is where my work keys went
                          Were you secretly harbouring resentment towards him, thinking he'd done a crime he's actually innocent of?!

Comment

Just back a little while ago from cleaning the airbnb for the umpteenth time. The last few bunches of guests have really restored my faith in humanity and left the place really nice. It still gets cleaned top to bottom still, but it's nice to see people respecting the place.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                              Were you secretly harbouring resentment towards him, thinking he'd done a crime he's actually innocent of?!
                              Nah, the only thing like that he has been guilty of in the past is if he saw an open envelope he'd throw it away without looking in it. Lost a birthday card with a cheque in once thanks to that (I had it on the side of my desk to jot down an address in the card only for him to tidy up by chucking the whole lot). He did that a few times without proof things hadn't just got lost, after that incident he is more careful.

Unfortunatly [MENTION=5941]Asura[/MENTION] is the sort of guy that things tend to just work in his favour most of the time so he gets away with murder sometimes and it sometimes drives me spare (like, attempting something that definatly wont work, but he 'has a go' and does it perfectly.)
                              Doesn't work with DIY though which I'm in charge of in this house!

EDIT - glad to hear nice people left your place clean [MENTION=9865]Colin[/MENTION]!

Comment

Asura's super power is binning stuff then?

"Garbage smash!"

"Recycle wave!"

Comment

Working...
                                X