No announcement yet.

Little Things that Bring a Smile to Your Face 5: Rainbow Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, BGM 03 in Shadow Dancer on MD. I'm a tad wazzed and playing the SOUND TEST on that recent MD comp on the Bone.

I first heard this choon when I was 16. It is amazing. It doesn't get old. I can rap in a good but crap but good way over it. It reminds me of beautiful, big-block cityscapes in my soul n brain. I've adored this choon for about 27 years and my love never dies. GOAT candidate, most definnitz.

Comment

I think I posted earlier in the month that I found out that my best friend was very unexpectedly having a baby.

I really wanted to make something for the baby/ baby's room and have been sending her suggestings/ asking for ideas for a theme/ colour. I suggested space and dinosaurs as some and they said funnily enough they had those as ideas and the baby's first toy is a cuddly dinosaur.

I'm going to make a felt mobile for the room but whilst browsing in Hobbycraft today I found a wonderful Fat quarter bundle of Space print cloth's and 'Ive got inspired to make (my first) patchwork quilt or, if I loose confidence, some bunting for the little one.

Just found some brightly coloured dino fabric online in many colours. Saw more individual ones I liked but individually they were so expensive!

Just need to get my sewing machine working and some luck!

Comment

Comment

Saying I'd booked a 10" moving van when I obviously meant a 10' one.

Comment

My little brother bought Shenmue HD on PC and has been playing it for the first time. This is a guy was 3 years old when it came out, and who usually plays things like CoD.

He called it a masterpiece.

I'm so proud

Comment

I started playing it for the very first time this week
              Do you know any Chinese people around here?!

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                Saying I'd booked a 10" moving van when I obviously meant a 10' one.
                Did you have to move props for a Spinal Tap concert?

Comment

Back at work tomorrow which sucks but I've skipped having my usual Monday blues working with a certain team member and should be back to normal working with my usual colleague who has been away on holiday lucky git.

Staff BBQ on Friday so hoping the weather is good. Its a time for friends and family of the practice to get **** faced in the car park!

Comment

Confirmed we can get our keys Thursday night!

Here's the moving flow:

Thursday
                    5pm - walk through and key collection. move cat, air mattress and sleeping bags into new place.
                    6pm - pick up 10' Uhaul van
                    7pm - ? pm/am - load everything into van.
                    ? pm/am - park van somewhere it won't get stolen (yeah I just don't trust anyone these days)

Friday
                    12pm - walk through of old apartment (not expecting much back from my $350 deposit 7 years ago)
                    1pm - drive van to new place
                    2pm - get access to loading dock. unload van into loading dock of new place. move everything from loading dock to new apartment.
                    5pm - drive van back to Uhaul lot. get back to apartment somehow. spend long weekend unpacking.

Comment

#1 selling game on the Wii-U eShop is Brain Training on DS.

It’s used for hacking

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                        #1 selling game on the Wii-U eShop is Brain Training on DS.

It’s used for hacking
                        I had to Google this. I had no idea!

Comment

Of four Grandparents, one is still alive and kicking for me and my sister, my Nan at 83 years of age. She's had a run of poor health for a while now going and down particularly since my Grandad died and naturally the two instances, plus her natural loathing for old age, can make her cynical about how much longer she'll be around.

For some reason I realised that, though unlikely for most people, if you added my wife's entire lifespan to date - the entire span of her born existence, knowledge and experiences - and added them on to my Nan's age she'd be around 116 years old. The smile comes from knowing that though rare, people have actually lived that long which is staggering. That's like sitting in a living room with your grand children and telling them about going to see Back to the Future when it came out at the cinema and you were a few years into your 80's at the time. The persistence of life.

Comment

My wife and I are in London for a few days, apart from she got a last minute photo shoot so isn’t flying down until tonight. I went in to the office and did a bit of work until I could dump my bag at the hotel, now I’m in the pub day drinking and catching up on forum goings on, as let’s be honest, I can’t be arsed doing anything else. #silverlinings

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                              My wife and I are in London for a few days, apart from she got a last minute photo shoot
                              Worst "I'm married to a model" post evar

Comment

She’s the make up artist, not the model.

Edit it to add a bit of blatant advertising for the two women on the site.

Last edited by Colin; 30-08-2018, 14:50.

Comment

Working...
                                X