Little Things that Bring a Smile to Your Face 5: Rainbow Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by usman View Post
    No man, I don't get into any of that. In addition to being 'practising' as a muslim, married moreover.

I meant it was really nice being chatted up like that out of the blue. Of course I begged off going or exchanging numbers. It just all seemed a bit sad to me after...as I suppose it does in general after small flashes of youth in your 30s.
    Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
    Yep, I know what you mean. Had that happen about a month or so and I'm not exaggerating when I say it has been about 8 years since it happened. Would never go there and I'm happily married but it still gives the ego a boost when it happens.
    Fair enough, boys. I don't care about that stuff myself but then I wasn't a stud or even active so I don't miss my single days.

Comment

I'm not sure if I've mentioned this but when I came back from China, some of my shipping boxes were confiscated. These boxes contained my entire PSP and Virtual Boy collection, including some rarities such as Space Squash, Jack Bros, and Innsmouth no Yakata. No, I didn't just get them back, but I did just buy Vertical Force so I can finally play some more VB, and I do love my VB (the mint condition box of which was crushed to all hell by the demented Chinese authorities on its way INTO China). The moral of the story is don't go to China.

Comment

If you had had a copy of SD Gundam Dimensions get taken I would have declared war there and then. Or Space Invaders 25th Anniversary. Those are stupid rare, I've only ever seen one copy of each in the real world. Vertical Force is nothing to Red Alarm in my opinion.

Comment

I bought a VB with six games in a Hard Off in Chiba in 2005 for 6500 Y, never played it, and sold it for $350 in 2011.

That poor VB was completely wasted on me.

On the bright side, I found ICO/Shadow of the Colossus HD today for $4.44.

And a box of Cocoa Puffs in Canada for a limited time for $2.80. And the big 2L Ito-En Koi Aji tea bottle for $5.28. =)

Too bad Ito-En bottled teas here are now made in Taiwan, but still retain their ridiculous prices. They're usually $7.xx
          Last edited by usman; 06-10-2015, 19:08.

Comment

Naked gun- on Dave right now, still makes me grin ear to ear.

Comment

The tablet I bought from a Craigslist guy wouldn't sync over USB. It would only charge. He mentioned this in the listing but said it was the cable. I bought a new cable and found it did the same thing so he very graciously offered me a full refund and also gave permission for me to open it up, determine the cause(in fact, he thanked me for offering to open it) and try repairing it with no strings attached.

I discovered the dock connector pins had mostly come away from the board and the only reason it charged was because those pins were intact. The pins for USB host were out, as well as A/V out and fast charging, which explained why it would take yonks to charge.

I saw today that he's relisted it. I wanted to see if he'd stick to the dodgy cable theory but he's updated the description to say a friend opened it and found the connector is faulty

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                If you had had a copy of SD Gundam Dimensions get taken I would have declared war there and then. Or Space Invaders 25th Anniversary. Those are stupid rare, I've only ever seen one copy of each in the real world. Vertical Force is nothing to Red Alarm in my opinion.
                I wanted Red Alarm more but for some reason it's the only common one I can't find here. I'm thinking of just buying another copy of Galactic Pinball, because that was one of my favourite games.

Comment

Damn, I gave away a spare copy of Red Alarm I had a few years ago.

Comment

I should just buy one off ebay. They're ten a penny, aren't they? The annoying part is getting it here to Taiwan, especially without it getting smashed. I will keep my eye on yamatoku I think.

Comment

I paid 500? each for the 3 copies that have passed through my hands, you should be able to get one at a reasonable price. Or wait a few years and I'll post you one gratis.

Comment

I hate LinkedIn so was pleased to hear of their 13 million dollar fine for spamming people

Comment

"Peeple" the 'Yelp for people' app pitched by two twit women here in right here in s̶t̶u̶p̶i̶d̶v̶i̶l̶l̶e̶ calgary, canada, seems to have died a flaming death

internet rage can do good
                          Last edited by usman; 08-10-2015, 11:52.

Comment

Got a email from amazon saying Prepare your pet for fireworks season.....i really do not think what i thought they meant was what they intended

Comment

Aced the first round of a job interview process this morning. Word is that the people interviewing me were very impressed, which is always flattering to hear when you're the sort of person who could usually pass for clinically dead before midday and several cups of coffee.

Comment

Way to go, Vertical Tank!

Comment

Working...
                                X