No announcement yet.

Little Things that Bring a Smile to Your Face 5: Rainbow Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think my fave Sooty episode was when they had these exploding cream cakes. To get shot of them the trio hoyed em all off a bridge and they went up like depth charges, soaking them in the process.

Comment

I was out running yesterday morning, setting off at approx 06:10. My route takes me past Chester Zoo. I was passing by it around circa 06:50, with no cars on the road or pedestrians on the paths. The only sound, other than my breathing and footsteps were the calls/shrieks emanating from the monkey house. Little things like that make running in the early hours a pleasurable experience.

Comment

Some friends live near Chester Zoo and when we went to visit their house, you could hear the roar of the lions!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
          Some friends live near Chester Zoo and when we went to visit their house, you could hear a guy running and panting violently at 6:50am. We were worried it was a burglar, so we all started shrieking like monkeys to get rid of him
          Small world!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
            As if I'd go if Sue and Sweep weren't there!

Sue and Sooty wanted to sing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star", but Sweep wanted to sing "Gangnam Style". Fair play, I didn't know he could speak Korean, but he knew all the words.
            This really made me chuckle.

Comment

It's on youtube! Sooty's van could do with new shockers though. Love how they looked like drowned rats at the end, hilarious!

Comment

I love how every episode has 135k+ views.

Comment

I love it when my son watches it and has uncontrollable belly laughs at it.

Comment

Had to supervise a fibre-optic installation at our shop today and the building manager had this beauty of a business card case:

Found one on Amazon and am hovering over the buy button...

Comment

Back at work tomorrow after 9 days of annual leave.

Yes, I'm not massively enamoured with my employment at the moment but I'm looking forward to what is probably best described as some rest after chasing around solidly after the 2 little'uns!!

Comment

Registration for the car only costing $128, including a new plate and lasting all the way to December 2019!

Comment

Japanese people call cooks cocks(コック), which is fair enough.

Yesterday I bought some hair grease called Cock Grease but it's pronounced 'cook grease'(クックグリース) in Japanese.

WHY, JAPANESE PEOPLE? WHYYY???

Comment

Seeing Chvrches tonight!

Comment

Internet is back baby!

So to go back to Sooty talk...

I got a VHS called Be Safe with Sooty from Father Christmas many years ago. My favorite bit was near the start where Soo keeps telling off Sweep as he is acting dangerously around the house warning him he'll hurt himself. Bnter endures and sweep goes and hurts himself several times, covered in bandages.

I actually learned quite a lot from this video, such as about how to pass knives, being careful around hot water and making sure pan handles don't stick out!

Another favorite moment with Sooty and Sweep was when they went on Ant's stag do in CHUMS on SM:TV live

Remember when Sooty and Sweep made a cameo on SMTV:Live's Chums? Here is a clip from the sketch spoof of Friends.

Comment

Our cat disappeared two weeks ago, out at 0200 looking for her checking the busy road at the front and all around the back but nothing.
                                Posters up on lamposts, out every night looking but nothing, put her details with the vet, RSPCA, animal shelter and an online service. Contacted the council to find if they had recovered any animals but still nothing.

A week last Friday me and the wife going out shopping just after midday heard a cat crying over the back of the house in the distance, didn't sound like her but we couldn't locate the sound when going out the back gate.

Another week of looking but till nothing, then last Friday as we are going out again on another search I heard that cat crying, but again we couldn't locate the noise, I happened to turn around to see our cat at the bedroom window of next door!

Comment

Working...
                                X