Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anpanman View Post
    The weather, it's great.
    That's what I've been enjoying most too. Here in Snowdonia it's usually one of the wettest parts of the UK but we've had six, seven weeks of blistering, wall-to-wall sunshine with no end in sight. And I'm loving it. Feels good being out in the sun all day, generating increased vitamin d, and getting a lovely bronzed tan while you work.

Comment

Buying clothes in Japan is tricky for me because I'm tall with long arms and long legs. T-shirts, polos, socks, boxers, those are fine. But shirts? Forget it. Trousers? Uniqlo jeans and chinos usually fit ok but they can still feel a little short.

But it suddenly occurred to me yesterday that my company doesn't manufacture clothes here. It imports them from our UK warehouse so they're all in UK sizes...

Just bought some nice trousers with a 34" inseam for 20 quid(after 75% staff discount).

And hell yeah I'm eyeing up the catalogue looking for more stuff

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
        Buying clothes in Japan is tricky for me because I'm tall with long arms and long legs. T-shirts, polos, socks, boxers, those are fine. But shirts? Forget it. Trousers? Uniqlo jeans and chinos usually fit ok but they can still feel a little short.
        I bought a sweet shirt in Japan as a memento when I visited but made the mistake of not trying it (I think it was a street vendor, so...).
        It said medium, but didn't fit. It was like a crop top or something.

Do you find yourself taller than average out there randombs?
        I remember catching a train in Tokyo rush hour and I was a head above the sea of business people.

Comment

Oh definitely. I've seen a few freakishly tall Japanese people(one was about 7') but I'm in the minority here at 6'. Older buildings usually have doors that are 5'11" so I bash my head if I'm not careful.

Generally, Japanese sizes are one smaller than the UK. So that medium shirt would've been a UK size S. I've made that mistake on occasion, too.

Comment

Well the shirt made a lovely handkerchief. :/

I don't remember bashing my head, but I ducked to get into a ceremonial tea service.

I didn't fit in a capsule very well in a capsule hotel.

I felt massive at the nekked spa we stayed at.
            In every way, yknowwhatimsayin'?

Comment

Went out walking on Tuesday night across the fields and found a suitable rock to sit down on and meditate. When I was done I opened my eyes and saw a cat in the grass, turned my head to get a better look and it was actually a little fox cub. I sat there watching it for a spell; it was aware of my presence but was definitely more curious than frightened. I got up hoping to stroke it (what I really wanted to do was hug it ) but whenever I got close it scooted off and always maintained a few meters distance between us as it scooted around me playfully. Man, it was beautiful.

Comment

[MENTION=16623]Zen Monkey[/MENTION] I had a similar encounter with a friendly fox in my mother in law's garden ... it just sauntered in and had a mooch around, totally unhurried. Beautiful creatures

Comment

There are absolutely loads of foxes in my area (Peckham). Like, LOADS. I see them wandering around every day on my road. The problem is that at night they have sex incredibly loudly, it sounds like a human screaming in pain. Goes on for bloody ages sometimes.

It was never the case where I grew up, which was very rural. Back then a fox was something to be pointed out and admired - they were red and bushy tailed. The ones in London are far more plentiful, far less frightened of humans, and look pretty clapped out and dogeared most of the time.

Comment

I saw a few foxes when I lived in Putney in London, usually sniffing around bins at dawn. Seen loads in the country too but always fleetingly. It was a true privilege to see one so close and it filled me with joy.

Comment

Found a lovely antique brass Tibetan singing bowl in a local charity shop and couldn't resist parting coin for it. Expensive, even second hand, but it's a beautiful musical instrument. One good strike will have it ringing for up to 3 minutes and rubbing the striker around the rim changes the frequency and sound. So cool:

Last edited by Zen Monkey; 06-07-2018, 12:24.

Comment

Hopefully a pre-emptive Smile.
                        Listening to the radio and we're approaching Peak-World Cup stupidity levels of making a fuss. If we hopefully get knocked out in the next game or two it'll be all the sweeter.

Comment

What? You want England knocked out? Why you little...

I'm waiting on the Belgium/Brazil game to kick off. One hour to go. I love tournament football.

Comment

Turns out the Belgium/Brazil match is on tonight. First up is France/Uruguay. Just as tasty.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                              If we hopefully get knocked out in the next game or two it'll be all the sweeter.
                              I personally guarantee we will play no more than three matches in this year's World Cup.

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                                Generally, Japanese sizes are one smaller than the UK. So that medium shirt would've been a UK size S. I've made that mistake on occasion, too.
                                Correct but it wasn't always so, I'm an S so buy M's at Uniqlo, ten years ago I had to by L as the M's were too small.

Comment

Working...
                                X